Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm wanting to buy one, and dealer cut price to $6699, then added on all the fees and bullshit. $7500 out the door. That's still $1200 under msrp. Thoughts?

Charles.

· Registered
53 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****, $4000? Unfortunately I'm on the East Coast. **** that's just a ridiculous amount off. Add $1000 or so in fees, plus $500 to rent a trailer, plus $300 in gas, $100 in food, that's almost $6000. It's the 24 hours drive time that kills it.

Charles.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
The selling prices seems to be all over the board. Out the door is what counts. I got mine OTD for a tad under $6,600 when the "selling price" was noted as $5,500. I am in Michigan. I went back to see if I could get them to sell their last SCR to my son for $300 less and they said no way and claimed they lost money on my purchase. They were holding out for $6,200 as the selling price of the last one, which would be OTD around $7,300.

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So yeah. I did it for $7500. The one on the showroom floor had a big scrape on the muffler, so they're putting a new one together for me that nobody has even sat on before. They deliver it tomorrow. Tried to tack on a $700 extended warranty and sneak it by, but I make it a point to go over all my paperwork in detail. :) $500 down and $150 a month, I can handle that!

Charles.

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, I want to do an intake mod pretty soon as the filter cover bangs my shin. What do I need to do for a fuel map? Can I flash the existing ECU, or do I need to drop $$$ on a power commander?

Charles.

· Registered
32 Posts
So, I want to do an intake mod pretty soon as the filter cover bangs my shin. What do I need to do for a fuel map? Can I flash the existing ECU, or do I need to drop $$$ on a power commander?

Charles.

Power Commander FC will do the trick - no need for a Power Commander V unless you plan on putting the bike on a dyno and making a custom tune. Should save some coin.

Using mine with a K&N intake (not the smallest, but definitely more compact than stock) and a Two Bros exhaust.

· Registered
60 Posts
$5257 OTD - Last one they had in Henrietta, Texas. It was $4999 with TTL and no usual freight and setup charges. Was going to be $5457 but he took $200 off because he had just sold the gray one I wanted and he really wanted me to take the red one off his hands. Yep, I really wanted gray but at that price the red grew on me real fast.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
You stole that thing. We probably won't hear of anyone getting a better OTD price than that.

Reactions: Mellowrider
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.