Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm wanting to buy one, and dealer cut price to $6699, then added on all the fees and bullshit. $7500 out the door. That's still $1200 under msrp. Thoughts?

Charles.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****, $4000? Unfortunately I'm on the East Coast. **** that's just a ridiculous amount off. Add $1000 or so in fees, plus $500 to rent a trailer, plus $300 in gas, $100 in food, that's almost $6000. It's the 24 hours drive time that kills it.

Charles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
price on 950scr

I paid 7299 for mine. I have seen the price on these things all over the map. I don't get it. Is there something we don't know about this bike. what about when we go to sell it?:smile2:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The selling prices seems to be all over the board. Out the door is what counts. I got mine OTD for a tad under $6,600 when the "selling price" was noted as $5,500. I am in Michigan. I went back to see if I could get them to sell their last SCR to my son for $300 less and they said no way and claimed they lost money on my purchase. They were holding out for $6,200 as the selling price of the last one, which would be OTD around $7,300.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So yeah. I did it for $7500. The one on the showroom floor had a big scrape on the muffler, so they're putting a new one together for me that nobody has even sat on before. They deliver it tomorrow. Tried to tack on a $700 extended warranty and sneak it by, but I make it a point to go over all my paperwork in detail. :) $500 down and $150 a month, I can handle that!

Charles.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay yeah I bought it for $7500 OTD. They're delivering it tomorrow!

Charles.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, I want to do an intake mod pretty soon as the filter cover bangs my shin. What do I need to do for a fuel map? Can I flash the existing ECU, or do I need to drop $$$ on a power commander?

Charles.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey, It all depends on your size. Im 6'3" and I sit back on the seat and my knee doesnt come near the aircleaner.
It ends up right behind the aircleaner. You ve got to ride it for awhile to get comfortable sitting on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So, I want to do an intake mod pretty soon as the filter cover bangs my shin. What do I need to do for a fuel map? Can I flash the existing ECU, or do I need to drop $$$ on a power commander?

Charles.

Power Commander FC will do the trick - no need for a Power Commander V unless you plan on putting the bike on a dyno and making a custom tune. Should save some coin.

Using mine with a K&N intake (not the smallest, but definitely more compact than stock) and a Two Bros exhaust.

·
Registered
61 Posts
$5257 OTD - Last one they had in Henrietta, Texas. It was $4999 with TTL and no usual freight and setup charges. Was going to be $5457 but he took $200 off because he had just sold the gray one I wanted and he really wanted me to take the red one off his hands. Yep, I really wanted gray but at that price the red grew on me real fast.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You stole that thing. We probably won't hear of anyone getting a better OTD price than that.

Reactions: Mellowrider
1 - 20 of 22 Posts