Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ratSCRambler
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I have been on this forum however I got the SCR (ratSCRambler as I call it) cleaned up and took it out for a ride up in the N Georgia mountains. I really need new tires and am looking at the Shinko E-804/805's but am hoping someone here has either ran those or have other tires they recommend. I want something that is knobbly for some off-road but still good on daily commutes.

Here is a pic as she sits currently;
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Fuel tank

Josh

·
Registered
ratSCRambler
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hope you all had an awesome weekend! I remounted the Acerbis supermoto front fender this weekend to have it not point upward as much and thought I would share the basic steps.

The fender is drilled out on each side so that u-bolts can be inserted:

Vertebrate Automotive lighting Foot Bait Fashion accessory

Then installed the 2 2-1/4 inch u-bolts around the fork tubes just below the lower triple tree:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Once the fender is installed using the u-bolts, wrap the metal straps around the lower triple tree and u-bolts to hold the fender up tight to the lower triple tree and then placed a metal spacer between the fender and lower triple tree to space down the front of the fender:

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire

Then wrapped leather straps over the metal straps to hide the ugly metal straps:

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Here is a side shot of the bike showing the high fender installed and the fender is now more level instead of the slight upward slant as it was before installing the spacer. I plan on re-doing it all again with a new fender now that I have it installed the way I like it.

Fuel tank Tire Land vehicle Plant Automotive fuel system

The rear of the fender is rubbing a little against the horn however it is not enough to notice. I am thinking about shaving some of the rear fender down to keep it from touching at all.

Have a great Monday!

Josh

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha SCR950 2011 Kimco 160 Scooter
19 Posts
Hope you all had an awesome weekend! I remounted the Acerbis supermoto front fender this weekend to have it not point upward as much and thought I would share the basic steps.

The fender is drilled out on each side so that u-bolts can be inserted:

View attachment 18257

Then installed the 2 2-1/4 inch u-bolts around the fork tubes just below the lower triple tree:

View attachment 18258

Once the fender is installed using the u-bolts, wrap the metal straps around the lower triple tree and u-bolts to hold the fender up tight to the lower triple tree and then placed a metal spacer between the fender and lower triple tree to space down the front of the fender:

View attachment 18259

Then wrapped leather straps over the metal straps to hide the ugly metal straps:

View attachment 18260

Here is a side shot of the bike showing the high fender installed and the fender is now more level instead of the slight upward slant as it was before installing the spacer. I plan on re-doing it all again with a new fender now that I have it installed the way I like it.

View attachment 18261

The rear of the fender is rubbing a little against the horn however it is not enough to notice. I am thinking about shaving some of the rear fender down to keep it from touching at all.

Have a great Monday!

Josh
Is that a steel fender? Looks good. Kinda wild with the boxes in back and high fender up front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts