Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice jolly around Derbyshire way almost 150 miles. Riding with friend on his guzzi. So chain no maintenance for us which was good because it was filthy out there.
Muffs were ugly but excellent but definitely need handguards because at speed wind pressure makes clutch operation difficult.
Better days are coming saw a nice drift of snowdrops. Favorite parking spot at bike shop with the big SCR poster.
Ride them whilst you can.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Nice jolly around Derbyshire way almost 150 miles. Riding with friend on his guzzi. So chain no maintenance for us which was good because it was filthy out there.
Muffs were ugly but excellent but definitely need handguards because at speed wind pressure makes clutch operation difficult.
Better days are coming saw a nice drift of snowdrops. Favorite parking spot at bike shop with the big SCR poster.
I only have one thing to say to this……

Forehead Head Chin Hairstyle Eyebrow

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
In all seriousness though, Guzzi V9 is one of the very few bikes currently available I’d consider swapping for, especially with the more powerful V85-derived engine now in it.

Did you have a sit on it - what did you think? I always thought if anything, they’d be too small, but looking at it by your SCR, they look pretty much the same size to me. Looks like he has Mivv silencers on it too……nniicccceeee.

Looks like the heads get completely covered in shite when out-and-about tho! My god, he’ll have some cleaning to do :ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well we both had some cleaning today gray is a friend of mine and like us he is very anti inline 4. He is desperate to try SCR but will wait for more favorable conditions and no muffs! Before we do a bike swop.
Toured Scotland with him once and he was riding a griso with termi pipes think he as had buells too.
Me and poster boy missed you obvs but we will get out soon. Maybe a biker breakfast.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yay, love the Breakfast, not so sure about the muffs, but form dictated by function I guess.
I notice the side panels are sticker less, on hold for better weather? 😎🏍
Stickers are on hold, until project hand guards is completed, life is never simple and Yamaha welding solid slugs of metal in handle bar ends as not helped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.