Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading threads in this forum for months now as a lurker and figured I should sign up! I finally purchased my SCR950 a few months ago after being on the fence about motorcycling altogether since around 2016. I was really inspired by one of our mechanic leads who purchased the then-new Bolt-C back when I was a auto tech.

Glad to be here; there are many useful threads helping me out with finding solutions to some of my issues.

Thanks!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have been reading threads in this forum for months now as a lurker and figured I should sign up! I finally purchased my SCR950 a few months ago after being on the fence about motorcycling altogether since around 2016. I was really inspired by one of our mechanic leads who purchased the then-new Bolt-C back when I was a auto tech.

Glad to be here; there are many useful threads helping me out with finding solutions to some of my issues.

Thanks!

View attachment 18519
Welcome aboard. We will take all the new blood we can as this forum is struggling to hold it's own compared to the earlier years.

This is where Ben will hit me for my negative outlook.

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Welcome aboard. We will take all the new blood we can as this forum is struggling to hold it's own compared to the earlier years.

Not at all……can’t be denied really, can it? But, it was only a one year model, and a pretty unpopular one at that!!

I’m hopeful things will pick up once again, as soon as the riding season begins. I’ve got my eyes on the next two weeks, fingers crossed. I might even record the Arrow pipe if I get chance, and boot only my 3rd ever video on to YouTube.

Have faith brother @Schu (as I’m sure you’ve been called on here before…… :p )

Thanks!
Welcome indeed! Glad you signed up. Let us know how you are finding the bike.

One question…..what’s a noodler, and what makes a professional one?!🤔

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
Yamahahahaha
85 Posts

Thanks!

View attachment 18519
Welcome ProNoodler! Always exciting to get a new bike, but great (for all of us in the forum) that it's an SCR! Let us know how you like it and what you have in store to do to it, or if you'll keep it stock.. Peace!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
You don't know what noodling is???
Well here you go.
Enjoy!
Edit:
I never turned up the sound on this video, so I hope it wasn't anything inappropriate.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yeah I would expect that to be true having only been a one year bike here and interest probably fell off pretty quickly after a bunch of reviews lambasted the thing. But I don't need it to be the best at anything; I think motorcycles are an emotional purchase, not a logical one...

Not at all……can’t be denied really, can it? But, it was only a one year model, and a pretty unpopular one at that!!

I’m hopeful things will pick up once again, as soon as the riding season begins. I’ve got my eyes on the next two weeks, fingers crossed. I might even record the Arrow pipe if I get chance, and boot only my 3rd ever video on to YouTube.

Have faith brother @Schu (as I’m sure you’ve been called on here before…… :p )

Welcome indeed! Glad you signed up. Let us know how you are finding the bike.

One question…..what’s a noodler, and what makes a professional one?!🤔

Cheers,

Ben
I haven't been riding very long, so I don't have a ton of things to compare it to. It's a lot faster than my wife's bike, the poor thing.

Welcome ProNoodler! Always exciting to get a new bike, but great (for all of us in the forum) that it's an SCR! Let us know how you like it and what you have in store to do to it, or if you'll keep it stock.. Peace!
I've already ordered a seat kit from seat concepts (waiting on it); was able to get the skid plate, and a center stand. I don't have any other things planned, except possibly sending the ECU to get flashed just to correct the throttle/fueling issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
You don't know what noodling is???
Well here you go.
Enjoy!
Nah, man - the only catfishing in the U.K. is online……!!:ROFLMAO:

To be fair, I thought our man was an extreme noodle eater!!

You know what GBS said…..we’re two countries separated by a common language……unfortunately, that language may soon be Russian:rolleyes:

Ben

·
Registered
Yamahahahaha
85 Posts
Yeah I would expect that to be true having only been a one year bike here and interest probably fell off pretty quickly after a bunch of reviews lambasted the thing. But I don't need it to be the best at anything; I think motorcycles are an emotional purchase, not a logical one...

I haven't been riding very long, so I don't have a ton of things to compare it to. It's a lot faster than my wife's bike, the poor thing.

I've already ordered a seat kit from seat concepts (waiting on it); was able to get the skid plate, and a center stand. I don't have any other things planned, except possibly sending the ECU to get flashed just to correct the throttle/fueling issues.
I couldn't recommend the ECU flash from Ivan more; it's a night and day difference (especially if you upgrade the air/exhaust).

·
Registered
185 Posts

Thanks!

View attachment 18519
Welcome! Black is best!😎

·
Registered
257 Posts
Interesting @Krixtoph, considering what you traded it for…..care to elaborate?
By no means was the SCR950 more comfortable or easier to ride: Longer trips (2hrs +) are A LOT more doable on the Indian and it has greater maneuverability. However, I really liked the style of the SCR950. I wish I had kept it and modded it a little more to become the cafe racer it really wanted to be. I don't miss the incredibly high center of gravity or the uncomfortable aftermarket seat, but man it looked cool!

Black is best!😎
Red is faster. It was decided long ago. Search the forums 🤣
Honestly though, the all-black EU model looks REALLY sharp. It was, and probably continues to be the envy of everyone in the US because we can only get the black/grey/red, or black/grey models.

·
Registered
185 Posts
By no means was the SCR950 more comfortable or easier to ride: Longer trips (2hrs +) are A LOT more doable on the Indian and it has greater maneuverability. However, I really liked the style of the SCR950. I wish I had kept it and modded it a little more to become the cafe racer it really wanted to be. I don't miss the incredibly high center of gravity or the uncomfortable aftermarket seat, but man it looked cool!

Red is faster. It was decided long ago. Search the forums 🤣
Honestly though, the all-black EU model looks REALLY sharp. It was, and probably continues to be the envy of everyone in the US because we can only get the black/grey/red, or black/grey models.
I know, I know .... but I am biased (sorry about the dirt but Oi've bin ridin'!!!)
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
36 Posts

Thanks!

View attachment 18519
You'll find plenty of tips on here.
Welcome aboard!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.