Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Hagon Shocks and Fork Springs en route

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JB McG 
#1 ·
Based on some personal testimonials I've read on this and the Bolt forum, I purchased the Hagon Shocks. Also ordered a set of their progressive fork springs as well as the All Balls fork seals and bushing/washer/clips kits. I found a 41mm seal driver, and a hex axle socket to pair with a socket extension to use as the damper rod holder. As far as I can tell, those are the only two specialty tools I'll need, maybe? I found a seemingly solid how-to video, but if anyone's tackled the fork rebuild with Hagon (or other) progressive springs, your input is welcome. I've never disassembled forks. I'll report back once I get all the parts, and have some time to tackle the project.

#2 ·
Thats a good video, but you don’t need to dissemble the forks mate. I’ve just fitted the YSS progressive fork kit, and now just waiting for new boots (tyres), before putting the bike back together:

Take a look here for a good how-to video:

Be warned, really make sure you protect the fork caps when loosening them, as you WILL chew them up. They’re only soft alloy. Ask me how I know?? Not overly concerned, as i got some nice new adjustable caps in the YSS kit, but I presume you’re just getting the springs?

Already got the Hagon shocks - they’re really good (y)

Cheers,

Ben

Reactions: JB McG
#3 ·
Thats a good video, but you don’t need to dissemble the forks mate. I’ve just fitted the YSS progressive fork kit, and now just waiting for new boots (tyres), before putting the bike back together:
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I guess I just figured if I was going to be fiddling with the forks, I'd just do a rebuild, but I suppose I could wait a few more miles for that. Would certainly make the job that much quicker!

Good to know the Hagons are working for you! Stock suspension is beastly, to say the least!

#4 ·
Rear shocks + raise-up kit installed, and so far, I'm happy. If I ever replace the shocks again, I may just order them longer and ditch the raise up kit for longer travel.

Installed the Hagon progressive springs, but the replacement spring is a full 1 inch shorter than stock, and the kit didn't come with spacers. I thought this a bit strange but on the road it seems to perform well. Still need to put some more miles on before rendering a verdict. If need be, I'll fit it with longer spacers.

Also dropped the tree down the fork tubes by 12mm to shorten the rake. I do like how she handles now, at least after 100 miles or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.