Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Tusk D-Flex hand guards, and unfortunately they don't work on the SCR950. Or any other bike I own, actually. They're too short and all but one of my bikes has the deep-bend ATV style handlebars. The D-Flex would work with a flatter bar just fine, but the large bend angles makes the inside mounts not workable.

The one bike that has flatter bars has a radial master cylinder, which is in the way. The Tusk bars are also not very deep, so any bike that they'd be fitted to will need shorty levers. Overall not a great solution. Though the MX shields look perfect for the SCR, they just don't fit.

So what does? How about posting your experience with different hand guards, and maybe even a pic or two of the mounting? We'll create a master list of what works and what doesn't, what modifications are necessary, etc.

Charles.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only write up I found for power madd hand guards are for the kind that have a single attachment point. I am looking for the kind that protects the bike from a crash or tipover. I’ve already drilled and tapped the handlebars, I need the kind that attaches to the bar end on one side and clamps near the center of the handlebars on the other. That’s what this thread is about.

Charles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.