Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Tusk D-Flex hand guards, and unfortunately they don't work on the SCR950. Or any other bike I own, actually. They're too short and all but one of my bikes has the deep-bend ATV style handlebars. The D-Flex would work with a flatter bar just fine, but the large bend angles makes the inside mounts not workable.

The one bike that has flatter bars has a radial master cylinder, which is in the way. The Tusk bars are also not very deep, so any bike that they'd be fitted to will need shorty levers. Overall not a great solution. Though the MX shields look perfect for the SCR, they just don't fit.

So what does? How about posting your experience with different hand guards, and maybe even a pic or two of the mounting? We'll create a master list of what works and what doesn't, what modifications are necessary, etc.

Charles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes please, my other browser window right now is to Twisted Throttle handguard page and feeling a little overwhelmed about the selections.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hand guards

FWIW, Do a search and you should be able to find my write up of the installation of Power Madd hand guards. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Good luck to yous! Jevers

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only write up I found for power madd hand guards are for the kind that have a single attachment point. I am looking for the kind that protects the bike from a crash or tipover. I’ve already drilled and tapped the handlebars, I need the kind that attaches to the bar end on one side and clamps near the center of the handlebars on the other. That’s what this thread is about.

Charles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts