Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a straight bar would work on scrambler? Has anyone tried this? Like a straight bar for handlebars? Like a street drag bar? Does it have a tank when you ride is there any interference at all? What about the controls do they fit OK?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Straight bars might fit or they might need a small riser so they fit.
The scrambler has dirt bike bars so there's tons of 7/8 bars and risers to pick from. There's also risers/adapters to go to 1 1/8 bars with no cross bar that still take the stock controls, some of those are very low and straight. The sky's the limit with handle bars that will fit this bike.
I have 7/8 dr650 bend bars on mine, they're about 2 inches lower than stock and fit without issue.
I had these bars already so I threw them on to try them and like them better than stock. They lean me ahead just a touch so the wind blast holds me in place, stock was too upright, it felt like the wind blast was pushing me back on the seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straight bars might fit or they might need a small riser so they fit.
The scrambler has dirt bike bars so there's tons of 7/8 bars and risers to pick from. There's also risers/adapters to go to 1 1/8 bars with no cross bar that still take the stock controls, some of those are very low and straight. The sky's the limit with handle bars that will fit this bike.
I have 7/8 dr650 bend bars on mine, they're about 2 inches lower than stock and fit without issue.
I had these bars already so I threw them on to try them and like them better than stock. They lean me ahead just a touch so the wind blast holds me in place, stock was too upright, it felt like the wind blast was pushing me back on the seat.
That is my concern as well just been to upright it’s weird. I’m looking for more of the scrambler café look and feel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Low rise 7/8 dirt bike bars are in stock at most dealers, the bars off a ttr230 or wr250r yamaha would be about the same as what I have and they're dirt cheap. The bars on the scr950 are like atv bars or klr650 bars, they're 2-3 inches higher than most dirt bike bars.
Buy the lowest 7/8 dirt bike bars the dealer has and try em or buy a cheap drag bar online and try it, they're under 50 bucks.
If the drag bar is a bit low you can buy risers for 20 bucks to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts