Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how to fit one, as the SCR950 doesn't have the same style of controls as all my Hondas, and the Yamaha-specific Vista Cruise I have apparently is made for far older Yamahas.

Charles.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for a slim, low profile, unobtrusive throttle lock, so I can take my hand off the bars and shake it out. An actual real electronic cruise control would be neat, but I think it's a little over-farkled for my tastes. I do not like big honkin' throttle locks that take up grip space, nor do I like those goofy things that rest against the brake lever. I like my Vista Cruise on my CX500 and V65 Magna, but I don't see a way to make it fit on the SCR950.

Charles.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have one of those goofy things that rests against the brake lever. It's a royal pain with my sticky progrips and like you say, it takes up grip space. I used to have one that was operated with a thumb lever. It mounted beside the throttle assembly, I think that's the kind you're referring to...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's exactly it. I just can't figure out how to fit one with the SCR's throttle housing. On the Vista Cruise for the honda, there's a little tab that rests between the throttle pull and push cables, and that keeps it from rotating. I have a Yamaha version of the Vista Cruise, but I think it's for older Yamahas, as none of the brackets that come with it will work on the SCR950.

Charles.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I would seriously love to have some sort of cruise control on my bike. It's just nice to be able to shake out your hand without the bike slowing down. Hey i wonder if the vstar 950 comes with cc? Its probably got one inch bars though...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts