Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger and bought a new bike for the first time and the Scrambler popped out as being a great deal and getting the job done. I commute into town for work from a rural area so it's best to have a little bit of both worlds. I appreciate the most that it runs and is reliable, as my Craigslist 1980 KZ440 breaking down on me was just getting to be too much for being pretty inexperienced. I've been riding for little more than a year after studying in Thailand and riding scooters to get around. Looking to really get into this one from the ground up and build her into my own and I'm already appreciating all the knowledge y'all are sharing out here!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and glad to hear you're enjoying the SCR950! I'm a newer rider myself, but have about 2 years experience on a scooter too. Just clocked 1,000 miles on the motorcycle and it's been an awesome experience. Keep us updated on how you customize your new bike!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The SCR is a nice ride - You get that V-twin power and sound (without the hassle of being a Harley), the entry price is right, plus there is a lot of support from it's stablemate the Bolt. I been riding 30 years and have had all sorts of bike. The SCR is a lot of fun and it had that Yamaha reliability - best of both worlds.

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts