Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

As a new SCR950 owner, I was searching for anything I could find online about the bike.

Stumbled across the forum, and have found it to be a great resource, so I thought I’d join-up

first photo after a quick clean.

the bike was treated nicely by the original owner and has only 1300kms, has been sitting in a garage for a few years, but is basically brand new.

looking forward to diving into the rest of the sites knowledge.

have a great day

Ian

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi there,

As a new SCR950 owner, I was searching for anything I could find online about the bike.

Stumbled across the forum, and have found it to be a great resource, so I thought I’d join-up

View attachment 18049

the bike was treated nicely by the original owner and has only 1300kms, has been sitting in a garage for a few years, but is basically brand new.

have a great day

Ian
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase 😀!! Great looking bike! Enjoy! Jevers

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hi there,

View attachment 18049

have a great day

Ian
Welcome Ian. That's a great photo. Looks like the seat is the only noticeable modification and it saves you from having to do it. The stock seat just didn't cut it for most of us, and that red trim bead looks good.

Reactions: Thompsound

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome Ian. That's a great photo. Looks like the seat is the only noticeable modification and it saves you from having to do it. The stock seat just didn't cut it for most of us, and that red trim bead looks good.
I think he said that aside from the seat, he did the “exhaust pipe drill modification”?
might have to read up on that 😅

Also keen on finding out what are the most beneficial upgrades/changes that people have made over the years

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome.
Im in nova scotia too.
As far as mods go I like my new tires and barron raise up kit, it's less effort to lean into corners now and I dont hit my feet on the ground in tight corners anymore.
I ride to work super early in the morning so I like my windshield too, it keeps me warmer.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think he said that aside from the seat, he did the “exhaust pipe drill modification”?
might have to read up on that 😅

Also keen on finding out what are the most beneficial upgrades/changes that people have made over the years
I did the exhaust drill out mod which simply gives it a better sound without being too loud. It didn't seem to affect performance better or worse.
My list of mods is fairly short.

COSMETIC
Removed the ugly rear fender extension.
Added side license plate mount with LED plate screws.
Swapped rectangular sidemarker reflectors with old school round reflectors.
Added stainless wire mesh behind the exhaust heat shields.
Added a bash plate.
Temporarily added a Ron Jon surf shop decal. (That's for you Ben!)

FUNCTIONAL
Added Pony Express bags, handle bar bag, and under seat bag for more cargo capacity. (easy on-off)
Added a custom made rear rack.
Added a bar mounted windscreen.
Added Denali SoundBomb horn.
Replaced the foot pegs.
Replaced the hand grips.
Added Seat Concepts foam and cover.
Added pulsating headlight and blinking brake light modules.
Modified the seat retaining bracket and bolt for ease of removal.
Modified the steering stopper to improve the turning radius.
Added wire lead to battery for charger and USB port.

PERFORMANCE
K&N air intake and pre-filter/rain sock.
Ivan's ECU reflash.
New tires.
Drilled out exhaust baffle plate.

If I was to single out the one and only best mod on my list, it would be the Ivan's reflash, hands down, no question about it. However, you need to ride that puppy for a year with the stock ECU so that you fully appreciate the improvements of the reflash. It changes everything for the better.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Hi there,

View attachment 18049

have a great day

Ian
Welcome, and enjoy.

I still like the silver wheels and headlight ‘bezel’ you guys on that side of the water get……

Ben

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did the exhaust drill out mod which simply gives it a better sound without being too loud. It didn't seem to affect performance better or worse.
My list of mods is fairly short.

COSMETIC
Removed the ugly rear fender extension.
Added side license plate mount with LED plate screws.
Swapped rectangular sidemarker reflectors with old school round reflectors.
Added stainless wire mesh behind the exhaust heat shields.
Added a bash plate.
Temporarily added a Ron Jon surf shop decal. (That's for you Ben!)

FUNCTIONAL
Added Pony Express bags, handle bar bag, and under seat bag for more cargo capacity. (easy on-off)
Added a custom made rear rack.
Added a bar mounted windscreen.
Added Denali SoundBomb horn.
Replaced the foot pegs.
Replaced the hand grips.
Added Seat Concepts foam and cover.
Added pulsating headlight and blinking brake light modules.
Modified the seat retaining bracket and bolt for ease of removal.
Modified the steering stopper to improve the turning radius.
Added wire lead to battery for charger and USB port.

PERFORMANCE
K&N air intake and pre-filter/rain sock.
Ivan's ECU reflash.
New tires.
Drilled out exhaust baffle plate.

If I was to single out the one and only best mod on my list, it would be the Ivan's reflash, hands down, no question about it. However, you need to ride that puppy for a year with the stock ECU so that you fully appreciate the improvements of the reflash. It changes everything for the better.
I’m already thinking that an ECU reflash might be on the cards for me this winter - I know I’m still new to riding, and need to improve my throttle control, but the engine-braking on throttle cut is quite disconcerting. Everything feels “choppy” 🤷‍♂️

thanks for the list of your other improvements, I’ll be spending some time looking into the relevant threads.

cheers, Ian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts