Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud New owner of the 2017 SCR950.
Ready to do a few upgrades to mine but may need some guidance along the way.
I hope to learn a lot here and hope that I can be helpful also.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Red or gray?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gray....It was the last SCR they had. Going to pick it up This weekend. I didnt bring it back that day cause It was raining. Taking the van to pick it up Saturday. Just want a different seat, exhaust and handle bars for it and would be good for awhile.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats #teamGrey ...they didn't have any red ones left here either...don't worry, the red one's not actually faster, I don't think...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be glad when I go pick mine up this Saturday. I bought it last weekend but didnt want to haul it in the back of my truck in the rain. Told them I would just pick it up next weekend and take my moto van to haul it back.
Would ride it but.....I am Recovering from my elbow surgery at tomorrow get to stop wearing the sling that I have been wearing for 42days.
Doc says still dont pick anything up heavier than a Diet Coke bottle with ot for another 42 days........Man....these restrictions. So I will see how my elbow feels by say.....another couple weeks then go for a spin on it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I will be glad when I go pick mine up this Saturday. I bought it last weekend but didnt want to haul it in the back of my truck in the rain. Told them I would just pick it up next weekend and take my moto van to haul it back.
Check your front fender. Many SCRs have been prep'd with them mounted backwards. Should be longer on the trailing end and short on the leading end. Although they have a unique look about them when mounted wrong way around.

Reactions: Burke

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check your front fender...man, I really wanted to be first with that on this one...

I really appreciate all of the bright red bikes flying past me, it clears out the cops, so I don't have to stop. I could always add flames to my fender, that should give me the horse power bump I need to keep up with all of you on #teamred.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check your front fender. Many SCRs have been prep'd with them mounted backwards. Should be longer on the trailing end and short on the leading end. Although they have a unique look about them when mounted wrong way around.
Check your front fender...man, I really wanted to be first with that on this one...

I really appreciate all of the bright red bikes flying past me, it clears out the cops, so I don't have to stop. I could always add flames to my fender, that should give me the horse power bump I need to keep up with all of you on #teamred.
I'll most definitely check that fender for sure.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nah, dare to be weird. If it's correct, flip it! Join #teambackward !!
Higs you're the perfect spokesman for team backwards on account that you also purchased your SCR in Go Fast Red and attached a high speed stabilization unit giving you a 3-point contact with the tarmac.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nah, dare to be weird. If it's correct, flip it! Join #teambackward !!
I endorse this message. I owe it to Hig for giving me the inspiration for a new style of bag. Do things differently! Who cares if your fender is on backwards or the "right" way. What's normal anyway?

Welcome to the SCR tribe, btw!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally went an picked up up today at the Dealership. Guess I'm on Team perfect,Fender is on correct. Hauled back in Van to the House. Took it for about a 20 mile spin. Didnt care to much for the Bars though. I thought they would feel ok but kinda made my shoulders tired.
Believe clipons would be good for me with maybe a 2 or 3 inch rise.
The side of my knee would sit against the engine on left and right knee would kinda hit the airbox.
Maybe new bars may correct my riding position enough to correct this.
Plenty of power though. It may not be a speed demon but it done everything I wanted it to do and was Fun to ride and that's what's its about.
I did notice when I took my left hand off the bar the handlebar wanted to handshake. Maybe from where I had elbow surgery on my right elbow and only been out of the Sling for 3days....lol. not suppose to be lifting anything heavier than a Diet Coke Bottle for another 42days. I will just take it easy when ride to not strain my elbow. Tendons take to long to heal.
Ready to ride it tomorrow for a little get out all ready. Again! Fun Bike!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks!!......All I can hear are these voices saying ....."Accessories"
Well I wouldn't be a true crafter if I didn't point you to my signature that's got all the leather accessories I make specifically for our motocycle. Underseat storage and a forkbag is a good start :grin2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts