Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a quick hello from the UK. Had numerous bikes since I passed my test at 17. Bought my Scr after I had knee surgery, due to it being more comfortable than my 1250 Bandit.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi, just a quick hello from the UK. Had numerous bikes since I passed my test at 17. Bought my Scr after I had knee surgery, due to it being more comfortable than my 1250 Bandit.
Welcome franksy. I can't imagine riding my SCR after knee surgery. I am short on the inseam and can't actually touch my feet flat on the ground. If she leans beyond a certain point when I'm saddle walking it around I'm in trouble. Had my boot lace get hung up one time as I rolled up to a traffic stop. Almost dropped it due to my struggle to free my leg. Had to be amusing for those behind my. Lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Howdy. New here myself. I have a bad knee and I like the seating posture of the SCR as well. Much less likely to get inflamed on this bike than on ones with more aggressive postures.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Welcome mate. Whereabouts are you? And, have you picked up one of the lesser-spotted black SCRs?
Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in North Yorkshire on the coast in Scarborough. Bought the black edition last July. Bit of a rare bike by the looks of it, haven't bumped into another.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm in North Yorkshire on the coast in Scarborough. Bought the black edition last July. Bit of a rare bike by the looks of it, haven't bumped into another.
Sound! I’m not far from Scarboro, over in Wakefield - get out to the coast quite a lot too! No, I’ve not seen another on the road either, and had mine coming up to 2 years now.

You’ll be the envy of the US-contingent on here, as they never got the black model over there - ha ha. :grin2:
Ben

Reactions: Schu

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome! Post a pic when you get a chance. I’m curious to see the black!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just some pics of my Black Series, I've changed the levers, bars, mirror, wrapped the tops of the forks and added homemade splash guard and tail tidy so far. The exhaust will be next at some point, I've drilled the baffle out but I'm going to get a link pipe made up and look for something a little different. Maybe a high pipe?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts