Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day

I am a 60+ yo rider who has been riding since the 1960s. I purchased a SCR950 in August and am enjoying it immensely. I found it new at a shop in eastern Pennsylvania and have added bags and a few accessories to it.
Thinking about adding a Fehling rack to it also, anyone have any experience with them?
My only complaint is that the tires seem to wear rather quickly. After only 6500 miles I had to replace the rear tire. On my Guzzi I can get 8000 out of a rear tire.
Looking forward to taking it on a trip this summer.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Welcome Oldrider, from another old rider. I'm also 60+ and have been riding since the 70s. I have a collection of old Yamaha Enduros and had to add an SCR to my collection as soon as I saw them. There are many posts on this forum regarding the Fehling rack, and I don't recall any negative reports. Try the search function and enter the word Fehling. I made my own rack starting with one off of an old CT1 Enduro. I agree on the life of the original tires. I have 7k on mine and they will not make it thru this coming season. Keep posting! This forum used to really rock, when the SCRs first came out. But it has really died down now that they have been out of production for 4 years...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Good Day

I am a 60+ yo rider who has been riding since the 1960s. I purchased a SCR950 in August and am enjoying it immensely. I found it new at a shop in eastern Pennsylvania and have added bags and a few accessories to it.
Thinking about adding a Fehling rack to it also, anyone have any experience with them?
My only complaint is that the tires seem to wear rather quickly. After only 6500 miles I had to replace the rear tire. On my Guzzi I can get 8000 out of a rear tire.
Looking forward to taking it on a trip this summer.
Welcome bud.

The Fehling racks can be a bit wonky.....mine is, anyway! Other than that, they’re fine.

Glad we have another one on board.

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts