Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here, so I apologize if I'm not posting in the right area. Just recently picked up a SCR and excited to start modding it, already did bars, lights, removed the rear fender removed the exhaust baffle and on and on. The bike has the Akropovic pipe but bike was dropped it appears a while back, so the pipe is damaged still works fine and sounds great but I'd like to replace it. I really like the look of the V&H slipon but can't find it anywhere and from what I have found it is discontinued so thought I'd see if anyone on here has one they want to get rid of. Also looking for any other smaller upswept styles something like the 2bros but cheaper. Also anyone that has completely removed the rear fender I'm trying to come up with an inner fender solution to keep the electrical area from getting spray and road crud w/o cutting up the stock fender. Thanks appreciate any help.

· Registered
47 Posts
Welcome! I'm new here myself. There's not a whole lot of activity on this site compared to other forums of which I've been a part, but there's still a ton of info I've found inside!

That being said, there's not a whole lot of in depth talk about fender eliminator options, and as far as I can tell there are no commercial options.

I'll probably end up buying an extra OEM fender for a spare and modify the one on my bike to my liking. If I do that, I'll post my adventures!

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Welcome! I'm new here myself. There's not a whole lot of activity on this site compared to other forums of which I've been a part, but there's still a ton of info I've found inside!

That being said, there's not a whole lot of in depth talk about fender eliminator options, and as far as I can tell there are no commercial options.

I'll probably end up buying an extra OEM fender for a spare and modify the one on my bike to my liking. If I do that, I'll post my adventures!
I’m glad to see you guys are here and willing to try and get things going again on this forum. It really was good in its early years. But we have lost so many of the main contributors. Fire it up for us guys!

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts

Welcome. It’s off-season ATM, so may pick up (slightly) come springtime. We’re down to about 10 regulars now though, TBH. It is an (fairly unsuccessful) one year model, after all.

Cheers,

Ben

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Welcome. It’s off-season ATM, so may pick up (slightly) come springtime. We’re down to about 10 regulars now though, TBH. It is an (fairly unsuccessful) one year model, after all.

Cheers,

Ben
One year model is exactly why I still have mine.

· Registered
47 Posts
One year model is exactly why I still have mine.
When I first decided I was going to ride again, I researched, and this bike made my short list before I knew how unpopular it was with the buying public!

I do like the exclusivity though and when it comes time to purchase a vehicle I organically gravitate to the more original types of cars and bikes.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Welcome, the bike is super fun but I’ve noticed not a lot of aftermarket for these bikes, so think I may go the fiberglass route then I can make it whatever I’d like. Prob gonna have to make or modify most the parts I need or use bolt cruiser parts. If I come up with anything I’ll post it up too. Are you planning on doing a full rear fender delete or just the plastic plate part?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I first decided I was going to ride again, I researched, and this bike made my short list before I knew how unpopular it was with the buying public!

I do like the exclusivity though and when it comes time to purchase a vehicle I organically gravitate to the more original types of cars and bikes.
Agree completely, most the new bikes are amazing but kind of lack individuality, I’ve had all kinds dirt, street, super sport, cruiser, etc. this bike to me kinda said jack of all trades and a lot more unique and affordable than most. I can make it a scrambler, cafe or cruiser all very easy with a few parts which is perfect for me.

· Registered
47 Posts
Welcome, the bike is super fun but I’ve noticed not a lot of aftermarket for these bikes, so think I may go the fiberglass route then I can make it whatever I’d like. Prob gonna have to make or modify most the parts I need or use bolt cruiser parts. If I come up with anything I’ll post it up too. Are you planning on doing a full rear fender delete or just the plastic plate part?
I'm definitely keeping the fender and stock light setup at this moment, and that hideous piece of plastic must go, but I'm debating where to put my license plate.

On my last two bikes I had the tag mounted on the side, so I am inclined to do that, but for this bike I have not decided what I want to do yet. FYI the bike is not with me ATM (stored for winter), and as a new bike I am not intimately familiar with it yet. But going with the pics it seems like an easy job to uninstall or cut the plastic part jutting out, and fab a small bracket for a plate.

· Registered
843 Posts
Once I stripped the rear fender of the plastic license plate frame and the stop/turn signals, it really brought out the retro scrambler style that Yamaha intended, IMO. Do a search of my posts and maybe you can get some ideas for what you want. I did have to fab a small metal plate to mount the curved license plate frame, very easy. Good luck 👍. Jevers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts