Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

hi there link minded folk

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mellowrider 
#1 ·
last week picked up my new red tank SCR950. 2 miles on the odo. winter in the colorado mountains has limited me to only about 50 miles so far, but nothing like a new ride to get you out on days that you might not be on 2 wheels.
already have the skid plate on and just mounted the Bolt cafe fairing yesterday.
ordered some thumb screws to make numberplate removal a tool-less process and have a small hard plastic case on the way to go under the seat.
my first brand new bike in over 20 years!

#2 ·
Welcome. Good choice on the bike purchase and good choice on the first phase of upgrades.

#5 ·
OEM mini fairing

Aside from myself you are the only other SCR owner that I know of that put the OEM mini fairing on their bike. I think your silver one looks sharp on your red SCR and matches the fenders nicely. I opted for the matte grey one and also wrapped my tank and side covers in the same matte grey 3M vinyl wrap. I rode for a while without the fairing and was impressed with how much of a difference it made blocking wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.