Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a picture of the newly announced 1100 Honda Rebel today, and nearly spat my coffee out! One publicity shot in particular looked especially familiar......

Got to admit, was never really a fan of the newer 500 Rebels, but the thought of an 1100 is intriguing, especially with the nice power figures that come with an engine inherited from the Africa Twin.

Thoughts.....?

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Saw a picture of the newly announced 1100 Honda Rebel today, and nearly spat my coffee out! One publicity shot in particular looked especially familiar......

Got to admit, was never really a fan of the newer 500 Rebels, but the thought of an 1100 is intriguing, especially with the nice power figures that come with an engine inherited from the Africa Twin.

https://youtu.be/ouXW2vLsFGs

Thoughts.....?

Ben
Cool bike, but for the long legged riders like me and for the same price, I would go with the Africa Twin. Just my opinion. Jevers

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool bike, but for the long legged riders like me and for the same price, I would go with the Africa Twin. Just my opinion. Jevers
Yeah, take your point re the seeming lack of legroom - wonder if they’ll introduce forward controls?

Same price tho?.......not even close!! Very aggressively priced.....

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah, take your point re the seeming lack of legroom - wonder if they’ll introduce forward controls?

Same price tho?.......not even close!! Very aggressively priced.....

Ben
Yeah, I guess I was comparing apples to oranges. The NEW Rebel is $9995 and a NEW OLD STOCK 2017 Africa Twin is $9495. It's still a new bike, but 3 or 4 model years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts