Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Whats this world coming too? When we were kids, we used to put playing cards in the spokes with clothes pins and tape, so that our bikes would sound like motorcycles... Anyone else remember.?
What will kids do in the future. ? Ride around and Hum loudly??? LMAO!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
and how long have you had your bike?

I will start by myself

I picked my bike on the 5th of October
and as of today I only have 800 miles and some change

done the 600 maintenance which was a huge turning point to everything... the ride, the smoothness and all !

Hoping for all to make so many miles with Smiles :smile2:
I've done 5,800 miles on it since late 2018 and would have done more but for lockdown and the rotten seat.
The latter is being attended to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine a little over year ago and it's headed to 6,500 miles now.
Not a lot of miles for a southern bike that's ridden year 'round, but I do also have a 2012 Super Tenere that's done about that many miles since July 16'.
Observations:
The SCR's seat sucks. I "fixed" the OEM one by shaving the top of the foam flatter and installing some 1/4" gel in a recess I cut in the foam. I'm still in line for the Seat Concepts kit, though.
With miles came smoothness. The engine has loosened up a bit and lost some of the sshhhhaaaakes that it had initially.
Fuel economy continues to hover in the low 50s.
Original tires have held up shockingly well considering their construction and the bike's weight.
Due to road noise & read rumble, I'm swapping them out for some quieter/smoother Michelins come replacement time.
This bike gets more comments than just about any other I've owned (and that's a bunch). =)
Harley guys even wave at me! LOL
Over here Harley riders (and most Beemers) seem to be unfriendly and unresponsive when it comes to waves.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts