Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Huge Turning Radius

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Schu 
#1 ·
First new thread here.....
Have any of you made modifications to the hard stop on your triple tree to tighten up the turning radius? I just moved from an XV1100 to this SCR950 and I can't believe how much larger the turn radius is. It seems like a little material removed from the contact face of the hard stop would be a simple cure. The turn signals appear to be the limiting factor making sure they don't contact the sides of the fuel tank.
Any thoughts?

#6 ·
Ok. So almost 3 years later and I finally got out the Dremel and ground off at least and 1/8" [3mm] of material from each side of the steering stopper. Still have about 1/2" [12mm] clearance between the triple clamps and the gas tank. Probably could've gone a little more. Touched up the grind marks with black paint and will see if it is a noticeable improvement tomorrow when I try and fit the bike behind my car in the garage. The steering radius was so wide I can barely get it in and out of its parking spot without rolling it into my work bench on the opposite side of the garage. It's ridiculous how large the turning radius is on the SCR. It's not like my other bikes where I can grab the @ss end and drag them around. :nerd:

#7 ·
I'm almost afraid to post anything on here since I promised pictures of the new pipe and intake.... My phone took a crap, my Windows Outlook something or other subscription ran out, blah, blah, blah. One of these days.... I know what you mean about the ol Mack semi truck turning radius! Everytime I turn around on a two lane road, I look and feel like a beginner! Yeah, let us know how much of an improvement it makes. Happy 4th of July everyone! Jevers

#16 · (Edited)
[/QUOTE]
Yes, storage space can be a problem.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

#18 ·
[/QUOTE]
Got one on the lift now.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: jevers478@gmail.com
#20 ·
[/QUOTE]
Yes it is. I may try and fire it up on the 26th when things settle down around here. Maybe Santa will bring me tires.