Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I appreciate the wealth of info you all provide... super helpful to plan out all the Farkles I'm adding to my new to me SCR950.
Funny, I originally was buying a Honda CB500X, put a deposit on a real beauty. When I returned to finalize the sale for the Honda, I happened upon an SCR950 in the showroom... it was instant love, LOL... the dealer was very accommodating.

I just purchased a bunch of Farkles, including the Yamaha adventure foot pegs, Fehling luggage rack, Yamaha Bolt engine guard and Pelican knock-offs top-load side cases for panniers. Also ordered Michelin Pilot Activ street tires... it's gonna be a Street Scrambler, haha. It's all being shipped. Can't wait to get the bike out of storage when weather warms up and get it all mounted up.
More Farkles I will be adding... hoping you can help with these questions, very much appreciate your advice and opinion:
1- Do you foresee any issue fitting this Bolt model windshield: Yamaha Bolt Windshield | El Paso Sportshield for 2014 - 2020 950 Bolt. (memphisshades.com)

2- The mirrors need to go... will these fit: KTM Folding Mirror 280mm Universal/Yamaha/Ducati Mounts 5587U-each – Moto-Science : The King of Motorcycle Mirrors (moto-science.com)

3- I want to add 1 inch fork tube extension in addition to installing the Baron 1 inch rear lift kit, do you think these fork tube extensions will work or do you know of a better source: Fork Tube Extensions (justifiedcruisercustoms.com.au)

4- Is there enough cable and brake line length to fit these handlebar risers in addition to the 1 inch fork tube extensions: Handlebar Riser, 2" Powermadd | ProCycle.us

5- Want to do an LED headlight conversion, will this work: Motorcycle H4 LED Fanless Headlight Conversion Kit with Compact Heat Sink - 2,000 Lumens | Super Bright LEDs

6- Do you know the threading/bolt size for the two side bolt mountings for the pannier support arms? I plan on having someone fabricate metal support arms for mounting the side cases. I wanted to start shopping for the mounting bolts and spacer material.

Thanks in advance for your input!!
Some more Farkles in the making are: Butt Buffer seat cushion, 2 sets of auxiliary LED lights, DIY HPDE skid plate, Seahorse SE540 top case and a rear mud guard, and maybe a T-Rex center stand modified from their Bolt model, if we can make it fit. That's all for now... I'm excited!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry that I cannot help with your enquiries as I have only just got hear myself. I very rarely change my bikes much but appreciate it when someone makes there bike there own. I have noticed that although the mirrors may not be to some owners tastes, they do give a brilliant view of what's happening behind you rather then your elbows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Odyoa! Thanks for your response, I hear you about seeing your elbows... unfortunately I acquired a very bad habit of not being able to keep something stock, but it's a fun habit too. I'm glad you're enjoying your bike, I can't wait for warmer weather to get out

·
Registered
252 Posts
6- Do you know the threading/bolt size for the two side bolt mountings for the pannier support arms? I plan on having someone fabricate metal support arms for mounting the side cases. I wanted to start shopping for the mounting bolts and spacer material.
That'd be an M10 bolt you're looking for. I asked the same question before (Bolt size?)
The bolt is going to be a little snug at first but just take your time and work it on in. Best of luck with all your mods! Sounds exciting, and welcome to the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts