Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a friends bike he laid down going too fast on a freeway offramp. I offered to fix it for him, but instead he just sold it to me, and might buy it back if I fix it.

I am thinking of using the motor to build a Morgan tribute 3-wheeler, the kind that has an air-cooled v-twin as the "grill" of the car.

If I go that route, I was looking to use the front wheels from the scr950 as the front wheels of the trike, as the morgan style trike all have wire wheels.
It seems these scr950 bikes have a unique front wheel, which makes them hard to find as they didn't sell a lot of these bikes.

Anyone might suggest where I could find another front wheel? Ebay had one for $400, that ain't happening..I actually bought a few different wheels by I need a pair that matches,
and of course this yamaha wheel is like brand new (the bike has only 1800 miles and looks brand new, except the few scrapes and broken parts..)

If I end up fixing it, will probably have some questions. thanks, jack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turned out the frame was easily fixed, so no morgan build. Since the lights were buggered up, I went full custom on it, and converted it to a 'bobber' style, essentially removing the scrambler seat and modifying the scrambler handle bars (which were bent) to be more Bolt style. Here is the result:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it.
I take it the rear fender is mounted to the swing arm?
Thanks. Yes I made one out of carbon fiber. Made mold from original fender (back half) and then built up the shape and made a mold, and then made the carbon fiber version, which also required some 'dents' to it to clearance frame parts.

I also made custom 3dprinted led brake and turn signals, can't really see them in the pic shown, but rear attaches to the shock resevoir (otherwise appears as useless appendage..) and the front wraps around the fork tube.

I also modifidied the handle bars, the scr had wider bars with the motorx bridge between, I removed the cross bridge, bent them back more and took 1.5in off each end, so more like the bolt handlebars, but different.

The seat is from a HD Sportster. Very comfortable.

The SCR seat is so high, I could barely touch the ground on it. And I'm not particularly short at 5-8.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It turned out the frame was easily fixed, so no morgan build. Since the lights were buggered up, I went full custom on it, and converted it to a 'bobber' style, essentially removing the scrambler seat and modifying the scrambler handle bars (which were bent) to be more Bolt style. Here is the result:

View attachment 18813
nice lines , would like to see the other side

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it isn't the lines, but the curves! It's the "S" that starts at the bottom of the tank and curves up and around, and then back to the seat and back up.
Totally different than the scrambler straight lines.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts