Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. Its going Mellow.
I still have my SCR. But I have to confess that Ive driven it down the street once since I wiped out back in 2018.
Not so much from fear, but partly that. Mainly from arty right ous in the hips. I just cant sit on it any more. Was having trouble picking my leg up and putting it on the peg. Late 50's. so I did have some fun.
Ive been watching the forum from the outside for a long while. Sad to see its dwindled but Sch and Ben are still here !
Cool !
Well my SCR is in the Garage on a stand. Gassed up stabilled up battery tender on it. Still have not replaced the broken brake handle from when I wiped. Its all stock. I never did anything to it.
I have like 1500 miles on it. Still paying it off.
I miss riding it.
Well hello to anyone who remembers the Mellow Rider.
And greetings and safe riding to all.
Wheres Burke? Eddie ? Chopper Charles ?
Our Buddy Christoph who made all the bags?

Cheers !
Mellow

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi bud,

Good to hear from you, but sorry to hear about your issues.

Yes, a lot of the OGs have since left - Eddie got a Honda; last we heard from Charles, he was selling up as he found the SCR too heavy, and had found lighter bikes he had gelled better with; Krixtoph seemingly won the lottery (joke!), and bought an Indian!! (His bike got bought by a guy on here tho - it’s currently hanging on a wall somewhere in New York (I think).......I shit you not!!; @Burke is still around - last I saw, he was trying to squeeze some new cams in the bike; @Schu is still around, of course, no doubt getting high on 2-stroke fumes. Yes, I’m still here, but potentially not for much longer either......:(

“Hang in there” (c. Then Came Bronson)

Ben

·
Registered
251 Posts
Krixtoph seemingly won the lottery (joke!), and bought an Indian!! (His bike got bought by a guy on here tho - it’s currently hanging on a wall somewhere in New York (I think).......I shit you not!!;

Ben
It's all that leather money I make on my side hustle that helped me afford an Indian Scout! It's sorta like winning the lottery, I guess. But yes! My SCR got bought by someone on the north side of Chicago and it's hanging up over his couch! There's a pic on here somewhere, maybe in the intro thread.

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to ride at all, Mellow. Good to hear from you and hope you stay well!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I still have my SCR. But I have to confess that Ive driven it down the street once since I wiped out back in 2018.
Not so much from fear, but partly that. Mainly from arty right ous in the hips. I just cant sit on it any more. Was having trouble picking my leg up and putting it on the peg. Late 50's. so I did have some fun.
Ive been watching the forum from the outside for a long while. Sad to see its dwindled but Sch and Ben are still here !
Cool !
Well my SCR is in the Garage on a stand. Gassed up stabilled up battery tender on it. Still have not replaced the broken brake handle from when I wiped. Its all stock. I never did anything to it.
I miss riding it.

Cheers !
Mellow
Cool !
I miss riding it.

Cheers !
Mellow
Cool !
I have Well hello to anyone who remembers the Mellow Rider.

Cheers !
Mellow
Yes, I’m still here, but potentially not for much longer either......:(
Good to hear from you again Mellow! Glad you still have your SCR because you never know, my arthritis often fads for long periods of time, but it's my fingers.

I refuse to accept Ben's resignation. You people need to grasp the concept of owning several motorcycles. Every Harley guy needs a Yamaha for the days when you don't want to look like every other bike on the road. Good Lord, it is absurd. Plus you can ride the SCR while the Harley is being repaired.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Plus you can ride the SCR while the Harley is being repaired.
Ha ha - you’re not the first person to suggest that!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's me! Here in Chicago...bought mine at an Indian dealer...ahem @Krixtoph ...:)

And yes, it haha in my apartment for winter storage. Won't get it down until end of April or so...

The Facebook group is really active and highly international, some really nice modded versions in Europe and the UK.

How did you "wipe out"?

Reactions: Krixtoph

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's me! Here in Chicago...bought mine at an Indian dealer...ahem @Krixtoph ...:)

And yes, it haha in my apartment for winter storage. Won't get it down until end of April or so...

View attachment 17843

The Facebook group is really active and highly international, some really nice modded versions in Europe and the UK.

How did you "wipe out"?
Hey! In Chicago as well just starting to get the bike out now be careful on those Chicago Roads....almost die every time I ride on those dirt paths they call highways...you go on any rides? been looking for some people to cruise with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey! In Chicago as well just starting to get the bike out now be careful on those Chicago Roads....almost die every time I ride on those dirt paths they call highways...you go on any rides? been looking for some people to cruise with.
Fortunately I have availed myself of some Florida sunshine so the bike is still on the wall. And I live in the city so I am rarely on the highway. That being said, Lake Shore Drive has a few places that going 50mph the front shocks bottom out. I need to fix that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Whereabouts are you at? I'm in Elgin and would love to cruise around with someone from time to time. I get around quite a bit: Antioch, Roscoe, Kankakee, Ottawa, Oregon, up to Lake Geneva... Anywhere with a good brewery/restaurant. Hit me up if you want to meet up and take a ride sometime - [email protected]

·
Registered
677 Posts
Whereabouts are you at? I'm in Elgin and would love to cruise around with someone from time to time. I get around quite a bit: Antioch, Roscoe, Kankakee, Ottawa, Oregon, up to Lake Geneva... Anywhere with a good brewery/restaurant. Hit me up if you want to meet up and take a ride sometime - [email protected]gmail.com
DON'T DO IT! He's just gonna try to sell you some leather goods. 😉

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whereabouts are you at? I'm in Elgin and would love to cruise around with someone from time to time. I get around quite a bit: Antioch, Roscoe, Kankakee, Ottawa, Oregon, up to Lake Geneva... Anywhere with a good brewery/restaurant. Hit me up if you want to meet up and take a ride sometime - [email protected]
I am in the City in Pilsen, Haven't been out much on any longer rides especially since I bought right at the beginning of Covid and riding to a lunch spot or brewery hasn't been possible, use it more of a around town bike and back and forth to work which is about 10miles down 90/94 which has been absolutely terrifying as of late with the increase of traffic. But would be down for a meet up, just put some new Renthal bars on yesterday, makes a hell of a difference.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Stay out of this Jay....
You're going to scare away the newcomers.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
FWIW, I picked up a 2001 Honda ST1100 in pretty good shape with 64,000 miles for $1800. New fork seals and wheel bearings, I have a pretty sweet cold weather bike. So, yeah.
Oh my. I had to look that one up. Wasn't familiar with a Honda ST1100.
I can see why you call that a cold weather bike.
You say there's a motorcycle somewhere under all that bodywork?
You might want to make sure it's cold and dark out when you ride that one.
You going to park that in the same garage as your wicked SCR and that beautiful Bonneville?

Just poking fun at you Jay. It's always fun to get another bike. I think I'm due for one soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool !
I miss riding it.

Cheers !
Mellow
Hello Mellowrider,
bad news about your arty, causes pain, no doubt. And an accident too. But still sitting on the bike recharches the mind and gives new drive. A friend of mine, an absolutly youngtimer Kawa Z freak has very bad arty, all about his body, heavily. He sold his beloved 78`Z 900 and was - with help from all other Z-friends - looking for an Z - 900 chopper, very, very seldom in Germany. And he got one. Heater in the handlebar grips and inside his seat, very low climbing, the weight downseized, that´s it. And he still joins the road!
Perhaps some (unvisible) heaters inside the handlebar grips and downsize the shock absorbers in front and back (sold by Yamaha for XV or Bold) ... and you are back :cool:, more seldom than former, but sometimes with a little smile on your lips and in your heart back ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts