Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

First post to the forum, bought an SCR a few months back. Now that I'm past the break-in period, I'm starting some mods. Started out by cutting the baffle and this weekend I'm doing a full fender delete with the help from the posts on here.

I want more tank grip so I'm going to put on some grip pads. I want to do it in a tasteful way, could not find any custom TechSpec or any other grips made for the SCR or the Bolt. Could not find any posts/pics of anyone talking about adding them to their bike. Anyone here already add them and have any advice?

I was going to buy the Snakeskin TechSpec and custom cut it. Just don't know how it will turn out and they're real pricy. Instead, I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SL3JNSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Going to try to cut this to fit the red/black triangle on both sides of the tank.

Any advice/pictures from anyone that has already done this would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Hello!

First post to the forum, bought an SCR a few months back. Now that I'm past the break-in period, I'm starting some mods. Started out by cutting the baffle and this weekend I'm doing a full fender delete with the help from the posts on here.

I want more tank grip so I'm going to put on some grip pads. I want to do it in a tasteful way, could not find any custom TechSpec or any other grips made for the SCR or the Bolt. Could not find any posts/pics of anyone talking about adding them to their bike. Anyone here already add them and have any advice?

I was going to buy the Snakeskin TechSpec and custom cut it. Just don't know how it will turn out and they're real pricy. Instead, I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SL3JNSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Going to try to cut this to fit the red/black triangle on both sides of the tank.

Any advice/pictures from anyone that has already done this would be much appreciated!
Welcome!
I’ve got just the thing if you want to grip the tank.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts