Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my Koso meter, one of the functions was to enter a ratio factor for the speedometer. Now Koso gives you a formula for establishing a percentage factor if you so choose, but from what I've read on the Bolt forum, the majority of the folks there, are in the 60 something percentage. Here on our site, SCRBEN has used 98% and it was pretty close to his GPS. So today, with New England socked in with ice covered snow, and me being retired and house bound, I figured that I'd go to the garage and ACTUALLY measure the distance for one revolution of the rear tire, and do the math that KOSO has given in the instruction manual. While not scientific, I measured 79.375", or 2016.125mm. When this number is divided by 2080mm from the instruction formula, a ratio of 96.9% is given. So SCRBEN's ratio entry is pretty close. I won't be able to actually verify this 'til spring, but if someone that is also using the KOSO meter, give it a try and let me know if it works, or not

Lee

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I got my Koso meter, one of the functions was to enter a ratio factor for the speedometer. Now Koso gives you a formula for establishing a percentage factor if you so choose, but from what I've read on the Bolt forum, the majority of the folks there, are in the 60 something percentage. Here on our site, SCRBEN has used 98% and it was pretty close to his GPS. So today, with New England socked in with ice covered snow, and me being retired and house bound, I figured that I'd go to the garage and ACTUALLY measure the distance for one revolution of the rear tire, and do the math that KOSO has given in the instruction manual. While not scientific, I measured 79.375", or 2016.125mm. When this number is divided by 2080mm from the instruction formula, a ratio of 96.9% is given. So SCRBEN's ratio entry is pretty close. I won't be able to actually verify this 'til spring, but if someone that is also using the KOSO meter, give it a try and let me know if it works, or not

Lee

Doesn't work for me. I'm in the 60% range.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
I’m intrigued if I’m going to have to adjust it slightly this year, having fit new Avon’s. We’ll see.....
Ben

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
I’m intrigued if I’m going to have to adjust it slightly this year, having fit new Avon’s. We’ll see.....
Ben
Avon’s made no difference - Koso still followed the sat nav-indicated speed, beat for beat.
Ben

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, took the SCR for our first ride yesterday. Got a chance to check the speed ratio, and guess what! 98% is way too high. 45mph on the GPS was showing over 70mph on the speedo. So much for the speed ratio formula. Backed the Koso ratio down to 67% and the speedo and GPS are close enough now to call it good

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Well, took the SCR for our first ride yesterday. Got a chance to check the speed ratio, and guess what! 98% is way too high. 45mph on the GPS was showing over 70mph on the speedo. So much for the speed ratio formula. Backed the Koso ratio down to 67% and the speedo and GPS are close enough now to call it good
Should have asked them if they are calibrating those sold in the US, and those in Europe differently, as that’s the only explanation then!!
Ben

Reactions: Schu

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was cleaning up the garage today, and one of the receipts that got tossed was for the KOSO. So, it was waiting for me at the top of the recycling barrel. My p/n is BA051300. Ben, do you know of others in the UK that have the KOSO and are similarly programmed as yours? This is becoming an interesting situation, not that it matters in the greater scheme of things

Lee

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Was cleaning up the garage today, and one of the receipts that got tossed was for the KOSO. So, it was waiting for me at the top of the recycling barrel. My p/n is BA051300. Ben, do you know of others in the UK that have the KOSO and are similarly programmed as yours? This is becoming an interesting situation, not that it matters in the greater scheme of things

Lee
At least 51300 is on the screenshot I attached from Koso (silver bezel, yes?). No idea where 51411 has come from tho.......!!

No, ‘fraid I don’t know anyone else with a Koso - there’s barely any actual SCRs over here, and not too many Bolts either (that I’ve seen....).
Ben

1 - 13 of 13 Posts