Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Kuryakyn Grips

2407 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Burke
Changed my grips out today. Kuryakyn 6344 will fit. I wanted comfier grips, and didn’t really wanna go through the trouble of putting in heated grips again. Clutch side goes on easy so I used the grip glue on that side. The throttle side is snug, so I ended up doing the hairspray method on that side.
I also finally did a fender delete using the bolt holes next to the shocks I put on side plate mounts and “upgraded” my horn a bit more. So the single low tone is now accompanied by the wolo bad boy as well.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Nice looking grips. How comfortable are they in comparison to stock?
Nice looking grips. How comfortable are they in comparison to stock?
They’re a lot more comfortable....maybe it’s me, but I like grips that are larger diameter and the pads have a good amount of give too. My other bike has kuryakyn grips similar to these and so does my wife’s. Can’t go wrong with them.
Nice, thanks for the update.
Changed my grips out today. Kuryakyn 6344 will fit. I wanted comfier grips, and didn’t really wanna go through the trouble of putting in heated grips again. Clutch side goes on easy so I used the grip glue on that side. The throttle side is snug, so I ended up doing the hairspray method on that side.
I also finally did a fender delete using the bolt holes next to the shocks I put on side plate mounts and “upgraded” my horn a bit more. So the single low tone is now accompanied by the wolo bad boy as well.
Great looking grips! I have the same on my VTX but in chrome. I agree with you on the comfort level. Here I thought I was done with the accessories! jevers
What size was the bolt for the license plate mount above the shock? And can you post some pictures? Thanks.

What size was the bolt for the license plate mount above the shock? And can you post some pictures? Thanks.
I have no clue what size the bolt was. I have lots of misc bolts from installs I have done and whatever fit is what went in them. I'm actually out of town on vaca so I'll have to get some pics when I get back home. I don't think I have any on my phone.
10x1.25mm
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.