Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my grips out today. Kuryakyn 6344 will fit. I wanted comfier grips, and didn’t really wanna go through the trouble of putting in heated grips again. Clutch side goes on easy so I used the grip glue on that side. The throttle side is snug, so I ended up doing the hairspray method on that side.
I also finally did a fender delete using the bolt holes next to the shocks I put on side plate mounts and “upgraded” my horn a bit more. So the single low tone is now accompanied by the wolo bad boy as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking grips. How comfortable are they in comparison to stock?
They’re a lot more comfortable....maybe it’s me, but I like grips that are larger diameter and the pads have a good amount of give too. My other bike has kuryakyn grips similar to these and so does my wife’s. Can’t go wrong with them.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Changed my grips out today. Kuryakyn 6344 will fit. I wanted comfier grips, and didn’t really wanna go through the trouble of putting in heated grips again. Clutch side goes on easy so I used the grip glue on that side. The throttle side is snug, so I ended up doing the hairspray method on that side.
I also finally did a fender delete using the bolt holes next to the shocks I put on side plate mounts and “upgraded” my horn a bit more. So the single low tone is now accompanied by the wolo bad boy as well.
Great looking grips! I have the same on my VTX but in chrome. I agree with you on the comfort level. Here I thought I was done with the accessories! jevers

·
Registered
7 Posts
What size was the bolt for the license plate mount above the shock? And can you post some pictures? Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What size was the bolt for the license plate mount above the shock? And can you post some pictures? Thanks.
I have no clue what size the bolt was. I have lots of misc bolts from installs I have done and whatever fit is what went in them. I'm actually out of town on vaca so I'll have to get some pics when I get back home. I don't think I have any on my phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts