Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Finally switched out the license plate bracket for a plain old mounting. Pretty happy with the new look. Still not sure why the manufacturer would have gone with that plastic bracket. :laugh:
Are you parked in Twin Pines Mall, from Back to the Future.....?!
Ben

·
Registered
656 Posts
Finally switched out the license plate bracket for a plain old mounting. Pretty happy with the new look. Still not sure why the manufacturer would have gone with that plastic bracket. /forum/images/SCR950Forum/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
Looks great, but you're only halfway done. Now you gotta get rid of that other mistake from Yamaha, the taillight and signals. Here's my take on it.... jevers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I actually like the lights and the visibility it gives me. We have a lot of intoxicated people driving in Vegas. 😮

·
Registered
85 Posts
Finally switched out the license plate bracket for a plain old mounting. Pretty happy with the new look. Still not sure why the manufacturer would have gone with that plastic bracket. /forum/images/SCR950Forum/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
I think most manufacturers these days have to put the ugly black fenders on for legal regulations etc when they come out of the factory.

There's so many laws here in the UK that we have to be careful with our mods in order to pass our yearly mot's when the bike gets to three years old.

I've had to change my homemade fender eliminator for the second time to include a number plate light and make sure the reflector is central to the rear of the bike. Luckily some testers here are less strict than others... my exhausts always get an advisory saying noisy exhaust but it covers them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts