Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and am looking for a decent deal on a SCR, , cheapest I've found reasonably close is $7,100 total with tax, I see the dealer in Illinois selling for $3,999 plus fees, but they're 350 miles each way from me and that'd be a long haul, anybody know of any deals out there within maybe 200 miles of me? Lot to ask, but you never know what might be out there that I'm missing. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Capt

I just listed mine for sale but it is even further.

I have transported mine from Mo to Fl no issues whatsoever with a pro transporter called Tom Shaw, [email protected]

He has a profile in uship but if you contact him that way he will charge you what uship takes off him, this way you deal directly with him.

I highly recommend him,

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Capt

I just listed mine for sale but it is even further.

I have transported mine from Mo to Fl no issues whatsoever with a pro transporter called Tom Shaw, [email protected]

He has a profile in uship but if you contact him that way he will charge you what uship takes off him, this way you deal directly with him.

I highly recommend him,

Cheers
Hey, I appreciate that, I'll check him out, my old butt driving 700 miles round trip would hurt, I could do it but man, I hate to. I'm gonna try to wrangle a deal here in the next day or so, I know these folks have to make a living, I worked in the industry for many years myself so I can't expect too much, just hate to leave a ton of dough on the table. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
SCR deal

I live in Chattanooga Tennessee and am looking for a decent deal on a SCR, , cheapest I've found reasonably close is $7,100 total with tax, I see the dealer in Illinois selling for $3,999 plus fees, but they're 350 miles each way from me and that'd be a long haul, anybody know of any deals out there within maybe 200 miles of me? Lot to ask, but you never know what might be out there that I'm missing. Thanks in advance!
Hey Capt, Just for comparison, I paid $4,998 + TTL a year ago in SE Wisconsin. That was over $1,000 less than my local dealer. Yes, I had to drive 300+ miles each way, but I brought my son along and we had a great road trip to boot. My advise to you is keep shopping around and a great deal will surface. Good luck! Jevers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Capt, Just for comparison, I paid $4,998 + TTL a year ago in SE Wisconsin. That was over $1,000 less than my local dealer. Yes, I had to drive 300+ miles each way, but I brought my son along and we had a great road trip to boot. My advise to you is keep shopping around and a great deal will surface. Good luck! Jevers

Thanks Jevers, that was a solid deal for sure, especially since it was a year ago when the bike was still a fairly new release. I'm leaning towards just making the trip, it shouldn't be too bad, have to put my big boy pants on and suck it up. I'm off work recovering from shoulder surgery right now so it might be nice to get out and take a drive.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Thanks Jevers, that was a solid deal for sure, especially since it was a year ago when the bike was still a fairly new release. I'm leaning towards just making the trip, it shouldn't be too bad, have to put my big boy pants on and suck it up. I'm off work recovering from shoulder surgery right now so it might be nice to get out and take a drive.
You're very welcome. Just make sure that the dealer gives you a quote in writing so there are no surprises after driving 350 miles. I bought a couple of bikes from the now defunct Chicago Cycle. The first one went perfectly. The second one, not so much. After driving from Mpls, they add on all these fees! I was livid and by the time I left, the fees were waived. I wasn't surprised when I heard they were out of business. Jevers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Captain, for what it's worth, I bought mine from the dealer in Illinois for $3999 and the deal was smooth with no surprises. I hauled it home to Florida with a pickup truck. The dealer, Holzhauer, helped me load it (in the hard rain).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Capt message Tom. I paid $350 from Mo to Fl, it was complete nonsense not to retain his services and I could not be happier with his professionalism and attention to detail. He took delivery of the bike for me @ dealer, noted flaws in tank I am still trying to find, photographed everything, communicated with me clearly and precisely, delivered to my door in agreed date and time, and the truck driver was a hot blonde! (Toms GF).
Can't beat that and if you are nursing an injury, worth asking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for all the tips and info guys, I really appreciate it!! I spoke to a few dealers today and most notably, the one in Nashville IL, their price of $3,999 ends up being just shy of $5,000 without tax, plus you'd add $400 if you do not use one of their lenders, still, at $5,400, it's a very solid price. Also, if I have the bike delivered by the gentleman that Muttley recommended, I'd hopefully get to check out his hot girlfriend, that's gotta be worth something:) I'll keep y'all posted, thanks again for all the help!!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Reactions: CaptCrunch

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thanks so much for all the tips and info guys, I really appreciate it!! I spoke to a few dealers today and most notably, the one in Nashville IL, their price of $3,999 ends up being just shy of $5,000 without tax, plus you'd add $400 if you do not use one of their lenders, still, at $5,400, it's a very solid price. Also, if I have the bike delivered by the gentleman that Muttley recommended, I'd hopefully get to check out his hot girlfriend, that's gotta be worth something/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif I'll keep y'all posted, thanks again for all the help!!!
Capt, I have run into the same deal... I have gone with the dealers financing and simply paid it off in the first month. Just make sure that they don't charge you for early repayment of the loan. Jevers

·
Registered
67 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts