Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the scr950 look like the 2014 Bolt that was customized by Doc’s Chops (now Hageman MC)? It won a Yamaha-sponsored competition so Yamaha could have taken a few cues from it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Doc’s Chops bolt looks like a more off road ready scr950 but with a more angled exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
591 Posts
For sure, but I think it's just because of those knobby tires on there, I kind of like that high angle exhaust though

·
Registered
319 Posts
The high angle and smaller exhaust does make it look a bit more sporty. NOt sure how hard it would be to make the change with the scr950.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure something will come out in the aftermarket to make an easy bolt-on application.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're going to need a slip-on exhaust muffler pipe system. Shouldn't be too hard but I think the stock exhaust is clean and doesn't really need to be changed out. Maybe a DB killer if it's too loud.

·
Registered
591 Posts
In my personal preferences, it can never be too loud lol. But I agree, it's definitely always an option. Wonder if any other slip-ons would be able to fit ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well one thing for sure is there's more tolerance for noise on a bike then with a car, so i'd say your right about that point on noise.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That red, white and black tank harkens back to the DT lineup from the 70's. Those things were beautiful back then, granted I wasn't even born but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I love the old-school looks. Always have. Even when it comes to cars. A 69' Firebird would take my attention over a Lamborghini any day

·
Registered
884 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts