Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took a family trip to the MCN Festival of Motorcycling yesterday - first time the little man has been to such an event, and he loved it!

Although we went in the car, I threw my riding gear in the back, and managed to grab a test ride on a CCM Maverick…..

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

For those not in the know, CCM are a small British company, started in the 70s, primarily with off road bikes, but who now make funky looking customs like this. It’s a 600 single (Husqvarna/BMW unit), about 60-odd bhp, and 135kg. Boy, it shifts!! And the sound it makes….…:love: I’ve got some thinking to do……:unsure:. What great half-hour ride it was, though……

Also had a sit on the new Enfield Scram 411. Very comfortable, nice looking bike, but 20-odd bhp…..no thanks.

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Whilst Jack enjoyed sitting on the Enfield, he tells me he much preferred the £25k CCM Special Edition ‘Heritage 71’ (made with super-light titanium, and down to about 115kg!!!!!)

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle tire

Well, he would, wouldn’t he…..(I’m stood behind, laughing……)

Ben

Reactions: JRX

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
We took a family trip to the MCN Festival of Motorcycling yesterday - first time the little man has been to such an event, and he loved it!

Although we went in the car, I threw my riding gear in the back, and managed to grab a test ride on a CCM Maverick…..

View attachment 18781

For those not in the know, CCM are a small British company, started in the 70s, primarily with off road bikes, but who now make funky looking customs like this. It’s a 600 single (Husqvarna/BMW unit), about 60-odd bhp, and 135kg. Boy, it shifts!! And the sound it makes….…:love: I’ve got some thinking to do……:unsure:. What great half-hour ride it was, though……

Also had a sit on the new Enfield Scram 411. Very comfortable, nice looking bike, but 20-odd bhp…..no thanks.

View attachment 18782

Whilst Jack enjoyed sitting on the Enfield, he tells me he much preferred the £25k CCM Special Edition ‘Heritage 71’ (made with super-light titanium, and down to about 115kg!!!!!)

View attachment 18783

Well, he would, wouldn’t he…..(I’m stood behind, laughing……)

Ben
"I’ve got some thinking to do…"

So you are considering a second bike?
:cautious:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Like we’ve discussed before - I can’t really afford, nor have the space for, two bikes……:oops:

Ben
Then take Stu’s advice and steer clear. I’ve never heard that one before Stu. And besides Ben, I’m sure you saw the fine print when you became SuperMod…….

Thou shall not relinquish ownership of said SCR.

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking pretty good in sunshine there ben and co .
I'll give the ccm a miss though a bike must never be lighter then its rider.
How heavy do you think I am…..??! :ROFLMAO:

Then take Stu’s advice and steer clear. I’ve never heard that one before Stu. And besides Ben, I’m sure you saw the fine print when you became SuperMod…….

Thou shall not relinquish ownership of said SCR.
Ha - I wouldn’t worry just yet. And also, as we’ve seen, my SCR has seen off plenty of other wannabes before.

Valve clearance check coming up, as well as throttle body balancing (using Eddie’s guide from long ago - just bought myself a carb balancer), ready for Scotland next month (y)

Ben

Reactions: Schu

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guess the MCN event took over from the old BMF Rally which was held at the Peterborough Showground. Nice to see it's still going albeit under different organisation. My wife had a CCM, a GP450, which was around 125kg, and a bit like riding a big mountain bike, so nimble. But she didn't get on with it after a 4 cylinder Honda Hornet. Wish we'd kept it for me, though - it would have been ideal for green laning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts