Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my Bonneville the other day and got to the point where I'm waiting for parts to arrive.
Naturally, my attention turned to the SCR. Came across a good deal on this Yamaha visor. I am waiting for the matching bezel, then I'll post some more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, that speedo display is terrible, let us know it this thing actually helps.
Okay, got home from work today and the second piece of the puzzle was sitting on my step. Off to the garage. Here's how I did it.....
#1. Pry off the chrome bezel. Be careful if you're saving it, because mine went flying once the two sided tape let loose. Up in the air, bouncing off the tank and down onto the floor. No damage.
#2. Clean the area where the new two sided tape is going to stick with rubbing alcohol and a clean paper towel. Dry with a clean paper towel.
#3 Remove the protective plastic from the two sided tape, position the new BLACK bezel and press firmly into place, applying pressure to the taped areas for a few seconds.
#4. Clean the new BLACK bezel with rubbing alcohol and a clean paper towel and dry with a clean paper towel.
#5. Now, to get the new BLACK visor positioned " level " on the meter, I simply applied a piece of tape along the bottom edge of the
"window" where the MPH is displayed. I then made a reference mark on either side to help "level" the visor.
#6. Peel back 1" of the protective plastic from the two sided tape on the visor. Now, carefully align the visor using the reference marks and the bottom edge of the bezel where it meets the meter. Press firmly ONLY on the very ends of the visor to hold it in place. Grab the ends of the protective plastic and while keeping the visor aligned, pull the protective plastic off. Now firmly press on visor for a few seconds and voila! A few pics for reference.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts