Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! Due to winter boredom, I found myself perusing cycle ads and ran across a SCR with 900 miles at a dealer about 125 miles away.After a thorough check over and test drive, I brought it home for $3800! Quick bio: 60 yrs.old.Multi cycle owner.Complete gearhead! I have not been so happy with a new cycle since I bought my ZRX1200R in2001! I'm well aware of its limitations and faults,but this thing is fun! I only rode it about 30 miles or so before I started to personalize it.So far: Bassani complete upswept exhaust (pleasingly loud).Vance & Hines VO2 intake with custom outer cover and of course,I had Ivan reprogram my ECU. I also installed the automatic turn signal cancelling system from STS. It is really slick and smart.Still don't know why it's not standard.My 1978 RD400 came with it!! I've done awash with the tail hanger and remounted the tag. I'm expecting my Koso multi gauge to arrive any time. I am going to add the seat concepts foam and cover soon. Love this bike.I Enjoy reading the forum.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome! Welcome!! Welcome!!! Congrats on your purchase and I, like yourself, purchased this bike after owning many bikes (29) before. My SCR takes me back to being 15 y/o and riding around on my '75 DT400! Heck, even the rear fender is almost an exact reproduction. Enjoy your bike and please share some pics of your mods. Jevers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jevers. Yea, the Bassani exhaust is # 3B12RB.I got mine from fuel moto online.They were the cheapest, but it's expensive.Looks, sounds great.Tedious to install without scratching anything. Like most, it's made for a Bolt so you have to fabricate a little. I made a spacer the same shape as the bracket on the underside.Works perfectly, completely unnoticeable. I'll attempt to include photos. Cheers! Just got this tablet and photos are not on it.I'll try from my phone

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Greetings all! Due to winter boredom, I found myself perusing cycle ads and ran across a SCR with 900 miles at a dealer about 125 miles away.After a thorough check over and test drive, I brought it home for $3800! Quick bio: 60 yrs.old.Multi cycle owner.Complete gearhead! I have not been so happy with a new cycle since I bought my ZRX1200R in2001! I'm well aware of its limitations and faults,but this thing is fun! I only rode it about 30 miles or so before I started to personalize it.So far: Bassani complete upswept exhaust (pleasingly loud).Vance & Hines VO2 intake with custom outer cover and of course,I had Ivan reprogram my ECU. I also installed the automatic turn signal cancelling system from STS. It is really slick and smart.Still don't know why it's not standard.My 1978 RD400 came with it!! I've done awash with the tail hanger and remounted the tag. I'm expecting my Koso multi gauge to arrive any time. I am going to add the seat concepts foam and cover soon. Love this bike.I Enjoy reading the forum.
Welcome! Was going to say “let the customising begin”, but it looks like it already has! :laugh::laugh:
Cheers from the UK,
Ben

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds like you're well on your way...or well past most of us! I would also like to see the exhaust when you have a minute to post some pictures.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thanks Jevers. Yea, the Bassani exhaust is # 3B12RB.I got mine from fuel moto online.They were the cheapest, but it's expensive.Looks, sounds great.Tedious to install without scratching anything. Like most, it's made for a Bolt so you have to fabricate a little. I made a spacer the same shape as the bracket on the underside.Works perfectly, completely unnoticeable. I'll attempt to include photos. Cheers! Just got this tablet and photos are not on it.I'll try from my phone
How thick is the spacer you made?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts