Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
From memory, around 4000 (on the Koso).
That sounds about right from what I remember but it's 28F where I am right now and I'm not about to go test it! I've loved having the Koso on the bike. Even if it's a "relaxed" motor that doesn't terribly need it, I feel a little lost without one. I can't believe they no longer have one on the KLR650, either.

· Registered
37 Posts
That's what I would have guessed at as it feels a bit like my old R1100GS.
Koso?
It's a replacement speedometer that includes a tach and a couple other measurements such as Voltage, cylinder head temp, and a gear position indicator (derived from revs vs wheel speed). It's a little pricey - around $340us - but I really hate not having a tach.

Link to the Koso website

· Registered
1,417 Posts
One of the best additions to the bike, IMO - Plug and play.

Cheers,

Ben
Seriously? One of the best additions?
All it does is display data.
Although they look really nice. 🤓

· Registered
1,417 Posts
My needs are simple. I would be happy with the stock speedo if it were easier to read in daylight situations.
Many people say that it’s hard to read, but I don’t seem to struggle with that. I would like to add that aftermarket black plastic cowl or shroud. I like how it looks. I think I’ll order it right now! :geek:

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Seriously? One of the best additions?
All it does is display data.
Although they look really nice. 🤓
Yeah, I like having a rev counter. The gear indication is also nice to have, and I’ve never foxxed it (ie got it to show the wrong gear) yet. The fact it is plug-and-play, takes barely any setting up, and can be figured for all sorts of things (different colour surrounds, setting the warning light for a variety of options - revs, speed, low fuel, mileage, service interval etc etc), and also that it looks sooooo much better than the stock 80s Casio watch-like speedo (which massively lets the stock bike down, IMO) is just the icing on the cake. Why didn’t they just fit the XSR clock??

Just my option tho, like! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

PS - just ordered another set of the Avons @Schu, ready for next season (the rear is pretty squared off now). Not only that, the UK Avon factory is being closed this year - it’s the last one in the U.K., so wanted some homegrown rubber whilst I can still get them(y)

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah, I like having a rev counter. The gear indication is also nice to have, and I’ve never foxxed it (ie got it to show the wrong gear) yet. The fact it is plug-and-play, takes barely any setting up, and can be figured for all sorts of things (different colour surrounds, setting the warning light for a variety of options - revs, speed, low fuel, mileage, service interval etc etc), and also that it looks sooooo much better than the stock 80s Casio watch-like speedo (which massively lets the stock bike down, IMO) is just the icing on the cake. Why didn’t they just fit the XSR clock??

Just my option tho, like! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

PS - just ordered another set of the Avons @Schu, ready for next season (the rear is pretty squared off now). Not only that, the UK Avon factory is being closed this year - it’s the last one in the U.K., so wanted some homegrown rubber whilst I can still get them(y)
Ok I had no idea it had that many options. Maybe I’ll add it to my wish list…..
So Avon tires will be no more? Are they going out of business, or just shutting down one of their factories?

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Ok I had no idea it had that many options. Maybe I’ll add it to my wish list…..
Yep…..here’s Kosos own videos re how to set it up, showing all the options (don’t worry - it makes more sense when you have one in front of you, along with the printed instructions, too :ROFLMAO: ):

Ben

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
So Avon tires will be no more? Are they going out of business, or just shutting down one of their factories?
Yeah - I think they were bought out by the company who also own Goodyear, a couple of years ago, and it’s been decided the U.K. Avon plant is no longer “economically viable” (isn’t that the term they use…….?)

No idea if they’ll keep the Avon ‘brand’ going. I presume they will, but that they just won’t be made in the U.K. anymore👎

Full story here:

Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts