·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_9862.jpg
IMG_9863.jpg
IMG_9871.jpg
IMG_9872.jpg

Baron's rise-up kit, Supertrapp exhaust, tail tidy, Bolt crash bars, skid plate, windshield, adventure pegs, rear hugger, hand guards, crossbar pad, LED projector headlight, adjustable levers, two seats, USB, lead for heated vest, full toolkit, quick-release for seat (3 seconds instead of 3 minutes to take the seat off or put it on), and lots more mods.

I've gotten old and my bad back needs more suspension travel.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sorry to lose you from the community Charles - hope you get a sale soon.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ben. My back just can't handle the short travel suspension. I'm old and crunchy and this bike injures my back almost every time I ride it. Plus... I'm getting more and more into off-road riding, and I needed a lighter scrambler. I got a Benelli Leoncino Trail (500cc) back in February and I've barely ridden the SCR950 since. Almost 6 inches of rear suspension travel instead of barely 2 has made my dirt-roading and poorly-maintained asphalt riding a whole lot more fun.

Here are a few pics of the new bike:

197247072_10225573689677622_7367295144099211696_n.jpg

197510354_2006918142788503_3643189951977522405_n.jpg

It doesn't have the same kind of retro vibe as the SCR, but it's pretty to look at in a different way. I like how the functionality and the looks were both given equal weight for the Benelli. The SCR is more about looks than it is about being a competent scrambler. (Because it was never meant to be a scrambler, it was meant to be a cruiser).

Charles.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
View attachment 17967 View attachment 17968 View attachment 17969 View attachment 17970

Baron's rise-up kit, Supertrapp exhaust, tail tidy, Bolt crash bars, skid plate, windshield, adventure pegs, rear hugger, hand guards, crossbar pad, LED projector headlight, adjustable levers, two seats, USB, lead for heated vest, full toolkit, quick-release for seat (3 seconds instead of 3 minutes to take the seat off or put it on), and lots more mods.

I've gotten old and my bad back needs more suspension travel.

Charles.
[/QUOTE
Thanks Ben. My back just can't handle the short travel suspension. I'm old and crunchy and this bike injures my back almost every time I ride it. Plus... I'm getting more and more into off-road riding, and I needed a lighter scrambler. I got a Benelli Leoncino Trail (500cc) back in February and I've barely ridden the SCR950 since. Almost 6 inches of rear suspension travel instead of barely 2 has made my dirt-roading and poorly-maintained asphalt riding a whole lot more fun.

View attachment 17971

View attachment 17972

It doesn't have the same kind of retro vibe as the SCR, but it's pretty to look at in a different way. I like how the functionality and the looks were both given equal weight for the Benelli. The SCR is more about looks than it is about being a competent scrambler. (Because it was never meant to be a scrambler, it was meant to be a cruiser).

Charles.
Cool Benelli Charles! I can see why you would like it.
Good luck with the sale of your SCR, and it would be great to know what you get for it just for our reference if you are willing to share the info.
I too will miss your valuable input from the last few years.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

View attachment 17971

View attachment 17972

Charles.
Yeah, I do like those. I think I mentioned before, I met someone touring on one in Belgium a few years ago - cool looking bike.

Enjoy.

Ben

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Charles, I just bought an scr950 with 240 miles here in the So. Cal area, and was looking to raise the rear with 3/4" longer shocks. I was wondering after you raised yours if the kickstand still held the bike up. It's already a leaner.
Thank you

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just a FYI......I had the Baron's 1" raise up on my SCR. Kickstand would still work fine but bike leans over quite a bit more while on the kickstand. I had no issues and kept a 5" length of 2x4 in my bag and just put it under the kickstand when I park at work to keep the bike alittle more upright. I ended taking them off as the suspension changed to alittle harsh and being inseam challenged I liked it lower to allow me to swing my leg over the bag I have on the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts