Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I did not pay attention last fall when I took my battery out for the winter. Today I was putting the battery back in and noticed that besides the normal positive and negative wires,there was an additional black and red eye-let leading to a small in-line fuse box which then lead to a weird looking connector- not connected to anything, just laying loose. Does this plug into anything? Did I pull it loose from somewhere? Or, is it just a pig tale for future use? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Picture?

I guess I did not pay attention last fall when I took my battery out for the winter. Today I was putting the battery back in and noticed that besides the normal positive and negative wires,there was an additional black and red eye-let leading to a small in-line fuse box which then lead to a weird looking connector- not connected to anything, just laying loose. Does this plug into anything? Did I pull it loose from somewhere? Or, is it just a pig tale for future use? Any help would be appreciated.
It might help if you could post a picture of this alleged pigtail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is a lead put in at the factory so you can hook up a battery tender to the battery without removing the battery from the bike. The connector at the end of this lead matches the end of the lead that came with my battery tender. Did your SCR come with this lead? Thanks

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I believe it is a lead put in at the factory so you can hook up a battery tender to the battery without removing the battery from the bike. The connector at the end of this lead matches the end of the lead that came with my battery tender. Did your SCR come with this lead? Thanks
Didn’t you also post this on the Bolt forum?! :smile2: Yes, I agree its the battery tender cable, and no, it’s not a stock fitment (not in the U.K. anyway).
Ben

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Ben, I also put this same post in the Bolt forum because I wanted to "tap" the brains of as many knowledgeable riders as possible. Thanks for your input, and I went for a short ride today and all was fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts