Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings everyone. Welcome new members.
Almost time to get back to it. Since I wipped last September and bent my bars etc.. Im looking to get new bars. Im hesitant to order them from the dealer because Im sure they will prob be over priced.

Does anyone have suggestion where I could get replacement bars?
Or is it better to just lump it and order from the dealer?
I'd like to stick with the stock bars. Unless anyone can talk me into some thing better for the SCR ?
I'l be putting the existing controls back on but want new grips.

Any ideas on good durable grips?
I had some I liked on my old KZ...
I think they were called Grand Turismo grips?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253822180169

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
There must surely be some OEM bars on eBay over there, so you don’t get bent over on the cost by a dealer?

These in the first picture were taken off by the dealer, so have never been used (£33 is about 43 “bucks”).

If you wanna go aftermarket, I went with Renthals - they’re almost the same as OEM. Very slightly wider, but the vibes are much less, due to the brace, and the fact they’re alloy. I just put the OEM grips back on, and covered them with Grip Puppies - lovely!

Ben

Reactions: flatrack

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
They must really want rid of them - £25 is $33, and all because I ‘watched’ them.....
Ben

·
Registered
229 Posts
Original bend

I'm sure Renthal or bikemaster or a slew of other bar makers make something near identical without that cross bar brace. I am not sure I like that cross brace anyway, its cool to hang a bag on it, but it gets in the way or putting brush guards.
I'd change it, if I weren't so lazy, and cheap.
In fact I'd put a tool bag or brush guards if I weren't lazy and cheap.
I'd mount these hippo hands I have again if I weren't lazy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oooo me likey.
As wide as the stock SCR bar ?
Those are 1" to 7/8th taper right - How much did those risers and bar cost ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts