after my third bike, I lost the ability to leave my bikes in stock condition. Throw in a bit of idle time over the winter and things happenIt’s alright making all those changes, and then deciding you don’t like the bike......!!
Looks nice!! I just put renthal low bars on mine and it was the best thing I could have done, I didn’t even realize how clunky those stock bars are until I rode it around with the new bars, if you are looking for any more mods the bars change the entire feel of itHey,
Had the bike for one summer and have been creeping on the site before then. I'm starting to get the itch to get back on the bike so I figured I'd take the time for a quick intro. Due to snow and general coldness, the bike is hibernating until probably late May.
Oddly enough, I don't have any good pics of the bike yet, so I'll have to go with what I have and update later.
I was shopping around for a cost efficient bike and came across a used C Spec with under 1000km. Put an offer on that which I thought was slightly above rude and the guy accepted so I was the proud owner of a C spec. Seating position was not ideal but the deal was so.... Weather was cold at the time so I kept "browsing" and saw the SCR on sale for $5200, 0km, new in the shop. I slapped myself twice then called the dealership and whipped up a deal. I got all of my Cspec money back on the trade and walked away with my new ride(after an 18hour round trip). Unfortunately it was October 31 and the snow had arrived. 0km ridden on two bikes in the same year. That's a record.
I had time to tinker, so here's what I did:
-Luimoto seat cover and reshaped the foam
- removed the rear fender plastic and added a license bracket
- painted both fenders matte white. I liked the look of the red/white version so I thought I'd try it with the grey. I also found all the grey to bit a bit too dull. Nice paint but I like some contrast.
- contradicting my last point, I blacked out all the silver bits on the engine and muffler
- V&H slip on
there might be more but I'll need to unwrap the beast to check.
- replaced the stock pegs
- I hate riding with a bag on my back so added some SW Motech side racks which I find don't look hideous when I have no side bags. I use top opening pelican cases.
- can't see it in the pics but I have a large waterproof volume knob on the right handle bar. One end connects to whatever media device I want and the other end runs under the tank and pops out at the front of the seat for me to plug my headphones in so nothing is flapping in the wind. I keep the volume low enough to hear whats going on around me.
- Maple leaf on each side and some reflective red stripes as well
- under the seat is an additional block of fuses for whatever I feel like attaching like a GPS and heated jacket liner/gloves/pants
- yamaha skid plate
- DART flyscreen View attachment 17814 View attachment 17816
Looking forward to some bike talk and I promise to search before asking