Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled across this site while looking for any info for my new ride. Early in Dec. of 2018, I decided to retire once again (first time lasted for about a year, then I got bored and went back to work), but this time I'd do something for myself so I figured on getting a motorcycle to pass the time while the wife works. While checking on used bikes, I came across a pic of the SCR and was hooked. It looked so much like the machines I used to ride in the '60's. I rode mostly enduro's here in New England but had a brief time with an early CB 750 Honda. For those of you that don't know, N.E. is made of stones (dirt is a rare commodity), so you learn early on to use speed to skip across "the bones". Even though some may take the SCR off road, There's NO WAY I'd take this beast into the woods. Anyways, Here's a couple of pics. 1st is me and my new ('67) CL77 Honda, and my new (now) SCR

Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Welcome Lee!
That CL77 was the real deal. One of our other forum members @Mellowrider mentioned owning a CL72 which I had to google since I don't know much about Hondas of that era. I really like those 60s CL Hondas. Might have to start a new collection.....
And yes, you best stay out of the woods with your new heavyweight scrambler. But it is fun to spend a Sunday morning blasting around the country roads of Michigan.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome Lee!
That CL77 was the real deal. One of our other forum members @Mellowrider mentioned owning a CL72 which I had to google since I don't know much about Hondas of that era. I really like those 60s CL Hondas. Might have to start a new collection.....
And yes, you best stay out of the woods with your new heavyweight scrambler. But it is fun to spend a Sunday morning blasting around the country roads of Michigan.

I've been away a while but I never owned a Honda. I have a Kawasaki 750 KZ 1977.:smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts