Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, been awhile.

So I recently took a new job that offers better pay and I've mapped a 35 mile commute through nothing but beautiful farm country to get to it.

Unfortunately, my fiance is pushing hard for me to get an electric vehicle and even sell the SCR, however I'm curious what my SCR is even worth at 33k miles and 3 years of general wear n' tear?

If I couldn't sell it for more than 3k than I honestly don't see the point as insurance is dirt cheap and as my first bike, it's just something I really enjoy having.

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to this new riding season. Honestly plan to hit 40k miles before I decide to part with this awesome bike.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I hope she means a two-wheeled EV......?!

Is she concerned for the wildlife you might encounter, or something....?

You probably won’t recall, but Zero motorcycles were discussed on a thread you started previously:

.....be a nice way to commute every day ;)

As for how much you might get for the SCR, my fear is probably “not a lot”, especially with your mileage.....but I’d be happy to be proven wrong!! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
369 Posts
I dont mean to be a wise guy but what is the Fiance, giving up for you?
Ride safe. Or maybe she just cares about you?

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the U.K. dispite people claiming there is less depreciation on brand A or B, after 3 years cars and bikes are worth 50% of want you paid for them.
The best way to avoid big depreciation is not too spend much at the start, my SCR was 33% of list price so I'm on to a winner!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the new job. I'd say keep the bike and save up a little while if needed, to get the EV later. You probably won't get enough for the bike and once it's gone...... you'll get the itch to ride again where you're going to spend more $$ to get what you want or get something you don't want to save some $$. Contrary to what some people say, any ol bike will NOT do.

On top of that you get a nice 35 mile ride to switch from work mode to home mode. Two wheel therapy. I live 5 minutes from any point in my town and it's all straight lines. To get to a "ride" I need to hit the road for at least an hour to get to the start.

I'm leaning toward... you should sell the bike.
No, Not really.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Grats on the new job! I agree with Minty; keep the SCR950 AND get an EV!

I'm thinking about picking up an EV motorcycle one of these days but I'd like to wait a couple of years to see what the industry puts out. Most EV's look like Ninja's or sports bikes to me and that's not my style, so I'm hopeful that a manufacture creates an affordable bike that looks like a cruiser. Zero is a great brand with awesome customer support, so I hear, but I just don't like their styling.

One day...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go find my post in the new member forum about not having a motorcycle before you get married. You will never get it back. Lesson I learned, if they object to your bike or mind f&&k you to get rid of it, get a new woman.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Go find my post in the new member forum about not having a motorcycle before you get married. You will never get it back. Lesson I learned, if they object to your bike or mind f&&k you to get rid of it, get a new woman.
Well said! My neighbor spoke fondly about how he met his wife on his motorcycle. She made him sell it right after they got married. He told me he always wanted to get another bike, but she shut him down every time 🙄. He recently passed away from cancer.... bikeless! How sad 😥. Don't listen to the skirts, let's drink beer and ride bikes, Man! Just saying..... Jevers

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well said! My neighbor spoke fondly about how he met his wife on his motorcycle. She made him sell it right after they got married. He told me he always wanted to get another bike, but she shut him down every time 🙄. He recently passed away from cancer.... bikeless! How sad 😥. Don't listen to the skirts, let's drink beer and ride bikes, Man! Just saying..... Jevers
I guess I lucked out. My wife wants to get INTO riding with me and already bought the boots, gloves, and helmet so she could ride as a passenger. We had taken a few rides in the early fall and she's itching to tour around with me again when the weather gets a bit more consistent. I'm hoping that maybe in a year I'll get a used Honda Rebel, convince her to throw a leg over it and "gift" it to her so we can tear up the backroads together.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please tell us she is 1 of identical octuplets...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts