Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for adding me to this owners forum.
Recently acquired a scr 950 wanted a birthday / anniversary treat and a slight change of motorcycling direction.
I don't like chains, I like massive discounts on new bikes, I love all things 70's, I'm a big lad.... well you can see were this is going.
I'm Stuart, I'm from the black country in the U.K. and I'm addicted to motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome Stuart. Sounds like you meet all the SCR criteria, so you will probably be happy with your purchase. I share your addiction, especially for the 70s era bikes.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm from the black country in the U.K......
I think you might confuse our brethren from over the pond with that mate!! :D

Welcome. It’s dying a bit of a death on here, unfortunately. The SCR was a one-year model, and not a big seller (esp. in the U.K., as you may have seen......)

Where did you pick yours up from?

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for welcome, I have always used internet forums for the many bikes I have owned... ukgser.... c90club.... f800riders.... vanvan riders.... xsr700 riders.... z900rs worldwide... versys forum.... tiger explorer. And possibly some I have forgot and have always been indebted to someone somewhere in the world for helping me in some way with a problem and I have brought and sold and met some great people. I would like to think that in my own small way I may have helped others to.
Obviously I can see that this forum is struggling due to a number of factors but maybe with the advent of other platforms and social media most forums have seen there best days. All things must pass as George Harrison once said! But I have already learnt some things about my new bike so I'm happy to be hear.
Schu you may notice I borrowed a bit of your user name for my name too, and my first bike was a Yamaha DT 100 green with white stripe (1977).
Ben I got the bike from Tamworth Yamaha 69 plate brand new zero miles 33% of list price. Not the first Yamaha to be wrong place / wrong time / wrong price, anyone remember the MT 01 maybe we will have last laugh!
Where you based Ben?
Everyone knows were the black country his we started the world.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thanks for welcome, I have always used internet forums for the many bikes I have owned... ukgser.... c90club.... f800riders.... vanvan riders.... xsr700 riders.... z900rs worldwide... versys forum.... tiger explorer. And possibly some I have forgot and have always been indebted to someone somewhere in the world for helping me in some way with a problem and I have brought and sold and met some great people. I would like to think that in my own small way I may have helped others to.
Obviously I can see that this forum is struggling due to a number of factors but maybe with the advent of other platforms and social media most forums have seen there best days. All things must pass as George Harrison once said! But I have already learnt some things about my new bike so I'm happy to be hear.
Schu you may notice I borrowed a bit of your user name for my name too, and my first bike was a Yamaha DT 100 green with white stripe (1977).
Ben I got the bike from Tamworth Yamaha 69 plate brand new zero miles 33% of list price. Not the first Yamaha to be wrong place / wrong time / wrong price, anyone remember the MT 01 maybe we will have last laugh!
Where you based Ben?
Everyone knows were the black country his we started the world.
I’m up in West Yorkshire now, but from the East Midlands originally - Nottingham.

MT01s are quite sought after now.....maybe we will! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
12 days late, but congrats and welcome!
Thanks for welcome, we are a small band of brother's, just heading for 600 miles and first service on Friday. It's spring in the U.K. days are getting longer and first spring flowers appearing, 3-10c but sunnier dryer days on way.
Is it riding season in your part of the state's?

·
Registered
SCR950, 2018
7 Posts
Hi,
I am from from Croatia and I greet all the members of the forum.
I bought a brand new SCR950 (production year 2018) a month ago.
Great bike, i enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
SCR950, 2018
7 Posts
Unfortunatly, there was a war, but now we are free and more beautiful than in the 80's.
If you can, visit Croatia.👍☺

1 - 12 of 12 Posts