Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there to everyone.
Just joined forum having had a SCR950 since last autumn. Fantastic bike used daily for work. Fitted bar raisers and lower pegs for easier riding position and a set of engine crash bars just in case. One question to put out there - in especially wet conditions the neutral light starts to glow when riding along. I've wrapped the relevant loom connectors in grease and inner tube rubber but to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Safe riding, Lugs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My neutral light comes on for a few minutes every time I pressure wash the bike, I havent been caught in the rain yet so dont know if it comes on while riding in rain but it probally does.
I have not done anything about it, other than not washing the neutral switch by the shifter as much as before.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hi lugs and welcome, well I thought it was just me; yes I get a faint neutral light glowing after I have washed my bike.
How has this not been mentioned until now?
I’m going to have pay attention and see if I too have a faint glow….:alien:

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
How has this not been mentioned until now?
I’m going to have pay attention and see if I too have a faint glow….:alien:
Yeah, I’ve never noticed this, nor heard it was an issue before, either…….?

Welcome @Lugs, BTW.

Regards,

Ben

EDIT - having said that, on the Koso, it’s just an ‘N’ in the gear position location, not a light, so I wouldn’t get a glow……if I did, then I’ve really got issues!!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice about the switch, I'd defaulted to loom connections as there's one under the nearside sump thats totally exposed. I'll cake it in silicone grease and see what happens in the next downpour.

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
It does sound like water ingress, given the issue seems to fade after a day (ie when it dries out).

As you say, neutral switch is on the LH side - you’ll have to see if weatherproofing it helps.

Triangle Font Parallel Slope Symmetry

Ben

·
Registered
60 Posts
So far the furthest I've ridden on the SCR is around 100 miles and the seat comfort is just about gone by then. Been thinking what to do.... a Corbin is expensive so not sure I want to go down that route. I may go the way of having new foam put on the OEM base, something similar to the Corbin profile but with straight lateral stitching rather than diamond pattern, a bit like the 2:4 seat I had on a GT250 a while ago. If anyone remembers 2:4 seats, of course!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Absolutely right to get the existing base recovered.
I got mine done at a local furniture restorer for £30 last year even using the existing cover.
Once you view the original moulding which is not only rock hard but crowned in shape you'll wonder what Yamaha were thinking of.
Any tips on bar risers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts