Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

Just purchased my SCR950, taking delivery 01/04/21 (I hope thats not an omen :LOL:)

I have been out of the saddle for 12 years now, and I cant wait to get going again.

This is my first V twin and I think it will realy suit what I want to get out of biking in my advancing years.

Any advice you could offer would be appreciated regarding a paddock stand, or I have seen a scissor jack setup?

Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Thommo and welcome from the black country U.K. congratulations on your new purchase and many happy safe miles, I'm new hear myself just a few weeks and 700 miles. No doubt about it this is a quiet forum but still useful to owners.
You get a lot of bike for your money including weight but it is a quality all metal motorcycle made in Japan..... would I swop it for a thaiumph.....
Hell no!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thommo and welcome from the black country U.K. congratulations on your new purchase and many happy safe miles, I'm new hear myself just a few weeks and 700 miles. No doubt about it this is a quiet forum but still useful to owners.
You get a lot of bike for your money including weight but it is a quality all metal motorcycle made in Japan..... would I swop it for a thaiumph.....
Hell no!
Hi Odyoa
Thanks for the welcome.
I have picked up some good tips off the site so far.:)
I am looking forward to getting back in the saddle

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hi Folks

Just purchased my SCR950, taking delivery 01/04/21 (I hope thats not an omen :LOL:)

I have been out of the saddle for 12 years now, and I cant wait to get going again.

This is my first V twin and I think it will realy suit what I want to get out of biking in my advancing years.

Any advice you could offer would be appreciated regarding a paddock stand, or I have seen a scissor jack setup?

Cheers
Welcome bud - hope you are well. Where abouts are you located? As @Odyoa Yamaha says, it’s little quiet around here nowadays, but what’s left is still a friendly bunch (mostly). You can also cross-reference with the Bolt site, as it’s basically the same bike.... (y)

Hopefully you like the v-twin set up - personally I think it’s the best engine configuration, but then obviously I’m a little biased.....:ROFLMAO:

What have you had before then, and what led you to the SCR?

Re lifts - a ‘regular’ bike lift will do it (see below). I also have a ‘big blue bike lift’, which is brilliant (if you want to spring that much) but the old man pinched that for his Harley over winter :confused:

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome bud - hope you are well. Where abouts are you located? As @Odyoa Yamaha says, it’s little quiet around here nowadays, but what’s left is still a friendly bunch (mostly). You can also cross-reference with the Bolt site, as it’s basically the same bike.... (y)

Hopefully you like the v-twin set up - personally I think it’s the best engine configuration, but then obviously I’m a little biased.....:ROFLMAO:

What have you had before then, and what led you to the SCR?

Re lifts - a ‘regular’ bike lift will do it (see below). I also have a ‘big blue bike lift’, which is brilliant (if you want to spring that much) but the old man pinched that for his Harley over winter :confused:

Cheers,
Ben View attachment 17838
Hi Ben
Thank you for your welcome, from the posts I have seen you seem very active and knowledgable on the bike. I am based in staffordshire.
I have access to Sealey platform lift so I was just loking at the options for keeping the bike stable when it is on the lift

I have been in to bikes since my teenage years, starting off with a Honda SS50, Kwaka 250 triple, Honda 400 4,Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GSF750 and my last bike was a 1200 Bandit. I have allways fancied a V twin and flirted a 1200 Buel at one point. I am now finaly back in a position to get a bike again, I was real undcided on what to get, I realy liked the Bandit I had but I didnt use it to it's full potential. But then when I saw the SCR I fell in love, It looks great and was at the price range I was looking at.
So here I am, I have purchased a rack, it looks the same as you have fitted. I am very interested in a Koso tacho/speedo. any advice and tips would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Thommo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ben
Thank you for your welcome, from the posts I have seen you seem very active and knowledgable on the bike. I am based in staffordshire.
I have access to Sealey platform lift so I was just loking at the options for keeping the bike stable when it is on the lift
View attachment 17839
I have been in to bikes since my teenage years, starting off with a Honda SS50, Kwaka 250 triple, Honda 400 4,Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GSF750 and my last bike was a 1200 Bandit. I have allways fancied a V twin and flirted a 1200 Buel at one point. I am now finaly back in a position to get a bike again, I was real undcided on what to get, I realy liked the Bandit I had but I didnt use it to it's full potential. But then when I saw the SCR I fell in love, It looks great and was at the price range I was looking at.
So here I am, I have purchased a rack, it looks the same as you have fitted. I am very interested in a Koso tacho/speedo. any advice and tips would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Thommo
Reference the Koso, I have found this supplier
Yamaha Plug and Play Gauges for XV950, Bolt, SCR models TNT-B
Would you say this a good price?
Cheers
Thommo

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Thommo
From your new post I see your in Staffordshire, dispite my black country roots I'm now hednesford based my red SCR was Tamworth Yamaha supplied. So as things improve hopefully see you out and about.
Regards Stuart

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Thommo
From your new post I see your in Staffordshire, dispite my black country roots I'm now hednesford based my red SCR was Tamworth Yamaha supplied. So as things improve hopefully see you out and about.
Regards Stuart
Hi Stuart
A small world, I am in Stafford. I have yet to see a SCR on the road so when I do I will most likely be you 😂 I have had a red one too.
All the best
Thommo

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes mate, that price looks about right. I got mine from them too, when they had a stall at ......dah dah daaaaahh!!!...... the Stafford Bike Show......I see a theme emerging here! :ROFLMAO:

Just make sure you specify the black bezel ;)

Cheers,
Ben
Yes it would appear that Stafford is staring to become the centre of the SCR universe :LOL:

All the best
Thommo

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well looking at my dealerships Facebook page I find he as moved another scrambler to a gentleman named Chris.
So Staffordshire SCR 950 continues to expand.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
View attachment 17840 Well looking at my dealerships Facebook page I find he as moved another scrambler to a gentleman named Chris.
So Staffordshire SCR 950 continues to expand.
He’ll certainly be shocked when he joins the forum, and sees his picture already on here!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seems a very common dealership practice now, obviously I would not have posted if number plate would have been visible, anyone can access the picture so it is public. I think Tamworth brought up remaining stock of bike but maybe that was last red one. Hope he does join us, I reckon nice guys ride the SCR.
Stuart

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks

Cheers
Rock on. I just bought one too. Reminds me of my old dts and a bit like a sportster i had. Im in love. Had no idea how much id like it. Stay safe

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rock on. I just bought one too. Reminds me of my old dts and a bit like a sportster i had. Im in love. Had no idea how much id like it. Stay safe
Yes, if I need to describe the SCR to anyone, a phrase often used is “like a Yamaha Sportster”. As for what else you said, it’s also true......”there’s just something about it”.

Welcome mate.
Ben

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Seems a very common dealership practice now, obviously I would not have posted if number plate would have been visible, anyone can access the picture so it is public. I think Tamworth brought up remaining stock of bike but maybe that was last red one.
Maybe they did - see attached (about the third or fourth time the SCR has appeared in the ‘deals’ section of Bike magazine).

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Old DTs! Have we found a new member who likes old DTs? Oh boy!
My interest in old Yamaha Enduros is what made it impossible for me to NOT buy an SCR when they came out. And I was thrilled when they dropped it the following year. Get'm while you can.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts