Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha SCR950 2011 Kimco 160 Scooter
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fabricated a small rack for behind my one butt seat. Paint scratches easy though. Should have it powder coated. Was off work a few weeks but I’m back at it. Looking forward to some performance up grades soon. Real happy with this bike. T
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Fabricated a small rack for behind my one butt seat. Paint scratches easy though. Should have it powder coated. Was off work a few weeks but I’m back at it. Looking forward to some performance up grades soon. Real happy with this bike. T
Nice work!!

Ben

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seat information please.
The seat is online as a Yamaha accessory seat “For This Bike!”. Didn’t fit at all. I fabricated a seat frame for it that also lowered the seat about two inches. The new seat is thicker…. So, the actual top of seat height was reduced by 1.25”. Helps me out a little. T

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The seat is online as a Yamaha accessory seat “For This Bike!”. Didn’t fit at all. I fabricated a seat frame for it that also lowered the seat about two inches. The new seat is thicker…. So, the actual top of seat height was reduced by 1.25”. Helps me out a little. T
Sorry about the delay in responding. My tablet thinks this Forum is Bloody Spam!

·
Registered
ratSCRambler
19 Posts
That is interesting... Do you have any photo's of the seat and the way it is mounted?

Josh

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Josh
This pic is of the seat on the original seat frame. Note the side cover “Flats” that hang down to hold the top of the cover. View attachment 18264
This next pic shows the beginning of the new frame in fit-up. The flats go up. I ran the tube inside the cover. Also the front seat mount angle and front seat pad area.
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This next pic shows the beginning of the new frame in fit-up. The flats go up. I ran the tube inside the cover. Also the front seat mount angle and front seat pad area. View attachment 18265
Next we have area for the center seat pads, the tall angles are for the rear seat pads. The lower fender mount also is in pic.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s amazing what happens with four weeks off work. I have a shoulder injury and cannot ride long. Not job related. Quite a bummer…. I just bought the bike!
So… for you Josh and everyone, I cannot seem to ignore a modification when I see one. Thomas

1 - 20 of 22 Posts