Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Glad to be a brand new scr owner. Just purchased yesterday. Found a brand new with 0 miles still sitting at the dealership. Got a great deal and I'm very satisfied.

Now for the questions...

1st of all those pegs are killer on the shins. What is the best replacement option to help that problem?

2nd maybe I'm not sitting correctly or maybe it's my height but my right knee is on the air cleaner box and after a while it gets uncomfortable. This just may be where I'm sitting or maybe it's a common problem...

3rd the seat is not the most comfortable thing I've Sat on 馃槀 but I really think that I would prefer the seat height to be lower I'm between 5'9 and 5'10 and I'm not completely flat footed all the time. I seen the option for the new pad and cover but I was wondering if that raised the seat height or keeps it the same.

Thank you guys for the information and once again in glad to be an scr owner 馃榿

Registered
Welcome! You've come to the right forum.

See "Shin-destroying footpegs" thread: https://www.scr950forum.com/forum/1...discussion/3065-shin-destroying-footpegs.html

The airbox is gonna bump your knee. You'll have to get used to it, I'm afraid. There are alternative boxes out there, but I hear they basically all get in your knee space.

I can't speak to the replacement pad+cover option, but if you have the money, Corbin makes fine custom seats. Someone recently mentioned that you might be able to adjust the subframe to lower the seating position: https://www.scr950forum.com/forum/1...eneral-discussion/4806-i-close.html#post60332

Registered
Hey Dude, new owner myself.

Yamaha do a lowering kit, which consists of fork springs and rear shocks. It retails in the UK at around 550 GBP.

I鈥檓 5鈥7鈥 and although the bike rides fine, is very comfortable for me, and I get no problems with the air box (due to being a short ass), it鈥檚 a heavy bike to be stood on tip toe at the lights on!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for the replies. I just picked up a stock seat off eBay it was only $70 the fabric is ripped in the back but I will probably just use it to experiment with. Will try to make my own seat. Just gotta pick up those pegs and deal with that darn air box 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And you are definitely right. Most top heavy bike I have owned it has been a learning experience and I have owned 900-1000 pounds bikes. But this one is way different...

Registered
Seat concepts seat cover and seat foam kit. Pretty good compromise price/comfort. I get about 200 miles before my butt starts bothering me. Add a sheepskin pad, can go all day. Nice retro look too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts