Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum Friends !
I recently stole a new Black/Grey SCR from a dealer in Long Island NY, $5500 plus the rip off fees and tax...out the door at $6750.00 !
I gravitate to odd machines...my Yamaha TW 200 my Yamaha SR 400 and my two 50 year old+ Rokons ! (photos to follow soon)

My first ride... I too had bleeding shins...took out the grinder and modified the tips of the pegs, worked great ! still plenty of grip...

Working on some mods, ordered a new Corbin seat, and thinking about drilling out the stock muffler...before I do this...anyone have any pros and cons ?

Then Ivan and a Cobra /KN intake...

Thanks to all upfront for posting great information and tips for a newbie...
Mitch

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Looking forward to seeing any pics you can share of the work you're doing. So far I haven't heard of any cons to drilling out the stock muffler, but I'm sure there's someone here who has already done it and can say more than me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I remember the Rokons and how guys used to smoke the belt when we'd run up a stream bed or get in the deep mud>:)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
snip- thinking about drilling out the stock muffler...before I do this...anyone have any pros and cons ?

Then Ivan and a Cobra /KN intake...
I drilled out the inner baffle plate on mine using a bimetal hole saw with an extension. Simple mod that gave it just a little more "throatiness" if that's even a word. It really isn't noticably louder at speed, but it has a much better sound as you roll the power on.

Ivan's mod was the "single most noticeable improvement" mod I have done so far, and will probably remain the best modification over the life of the bike.

Changing the intake was also a noticeable improvement in performance. I went with the K&N brand, but there are plenty of choices to be had.

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your new ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts