Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So.......hope this works!!

Finally got around to editing a video I took on the bike last Oct! Don't get too excited - I don't think Revzilla or Motorcycle.com are going to be quaking in their boots, just yet!! :grin2:

Let me know if it works etc.

Ben

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The quality is currently shite, but apparently it'll become available in 1080p eventually (thats what it was filmed in).

Ben

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm having a problem with your video. Seems to be a mirror image. Everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road :surprise:

Nice countryside scenery, and looks to be a good road to travel. I enjoyed your ride, sir. Can't wait for it to be warm enough here so I, too, can take a ride in the country (or anywhere for that matter). My SCR has .6 of a mile on the odometer (yeah, it's brand spankin' new), and we're both itchin' to go. Thanks for the ride!

Lee

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
So.......hope this works!!

Finally got around to editing a video I took on the bike last Oct! Don't get too excited - I don't think Revzilla or Motorcycle.com are going to be quaking in their boots, just yet!! :grin2:

Let me know if it works etc.

Ben

https://youtu.be/U8-7CNEhuRs
Nice ride Ben. Speedometer on all those cars must be registering on the slow side seeings that you had to overtake an average of one car every 30 seconds or so. Is that the sweet sounds of a Danmoto slip-on?

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice ride Ben. Speedometer on all those cars must be registering on the slow side seeings that you had to overtake an average of one car every 30 seconds or so. Is that the sweet sounds of a Danmoto slip-on?
That’s a result of both there being too many **** cars on the road here, and my seamless Spielbergian editing......

Yup, that’s the sound of the Danmoto. Any new videos this year will probably sound a lot different, as the linkpipe for my Akrapovic arrived this week.

Was the video in 1080p when you watched (ie acceptable), or still 360p (ie shite)?
Ben

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That’s a result of both there being too many **** cars on the road here, and my seamless Spielbergian editing......

Yup, that’s the sound of the Danmoto. Any new videos this year will probably sound a lot different, as the linkpipe for my Akrapovic arrived this week.

Was the video in 1080p when you watched (ie acceptable), or still 360p (ie shite)?
Ben
Ha ha. Just noticed upon my second viewing that had said "with Danmoto exhaust".
Don't know how I would know if I viewed it in 1080 or 360. The image quality was OK but maybe not as crisp as most videos I see.

Reactions: Mellowrider

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha. Just noticed upon my second viewing that had said "with Danmoto exhaust".
Don't know how I would know if I viewed it in 1080 or 360. The image quality was OK but maybe not as crisp as most videos I see.
Have a look and see if the quality is better on this one, will you? Should be 1080p - if it looks the same as the last one, locate the 'cog' icon, and you should be able to 'upgrade' the quality to 1080p (the highest), and the image should be noticeably sharper.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My default was set at 720 so I bumped it to 1080 and it is noticeably better.
Looking forward to many more when the weather breaks.

Reactions: SCRBen

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ben!!! Awesome!!! I think I'd be a true Jellorider (Thank you Burke) trying to drive around your neck of the woods!
Holy crap Batman!!! That boggles my mind!

Totally screws me up just watching it!
Its Bass Akwards!

Kuddos!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have a look and see if the quality is better on this one, will you? Should be 1080p - if it looks the same as the last one, locate the 'cog' icon, and you should be able to 'upgrade' the quality to 1080p (the highest), and the image should be noticeably sharper.

https://youtu.be/bXaTHECAtps

Cheers,
Ben
@SCRBen - sweet video and thanks for the ride - also the Koso meter looking sharp!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Especially the engine check light!! (a result of the reflash!!) :frown2:
Ben
Ok. Last time I viewed your video from my wimpy iPad. So now I just watched it on the flatscreen TV with the sound cranked up thru the sound bar and sub woofer.
It's inevitable.... I'm going to dump this stock exhaust. That thing sounds BadAss. And you really didn't hammer on it. Next video better have some flatout power shifting.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok. Last time I viewed your video from my wimpy iPad. So now I just watched it on the flatscreen TV with the sound cranked up thru the sound bar and sub woofer.
It's inevitable.... I'm going to dump this stock exhaust. That thing sounds BadAss. And you really didn't hammer on it. Next video better have some flatout power shifting.
Heh heh - glad you liked it.

Unfortunately, if the Akra works out, that’s the last time you’ll be hearing the Danmoto (on my bike, at least) for a while.

I sway back and forth on it - sometimes I think it sounds OK, other times I think it’s just ‘noise’, and not an especially nice one. And on a long motorway run it really drones. I certainly don’t think it has any real character - I’m hoping the ladies in Slovenia have managed to engineer that into my latest attempt. At least I managed to locate a pre-2017 Euro 3 Bolt pipe, so I have the option of removing the baffle and letting some noise out - it’ll still be nowhere as loud as the Danmoto, but that’s OK with me, as long as it has some ‘character’, sounds nice, know what I mean?

We’ll see.....

Ben

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.