Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Think I may be blind. Took me a while to see the new license plate bracket and I can't for the life of me find your new tail light. Great looking scr950 btw.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm actually looking to do the same thing... but looking for a vertical plate holder. any suggestions? and what kit did you use for the brake light/blinker setup?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
looking for a vertical plate holder. any suggestions?
Here is a suggestion for a vertical plate mount. It is designed to mount on your lower left shock bolt. I went to the exhaust side and mounted off the available hole near the upper shock mount. The plate lays on the same angle as the shock. The exhaust already used up all the space on that side so it tucks in nicely without looking like you attached a sign to the side of your bike. Requires a tubing spacer and a long bolt. I re-used the original plate light. Not sure why my thumbnails are rotated after I attach them....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Love the rear light setup but hopefully cops don't give you any trouble. Hopefully they aren't too strict where you live.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Love the rear light setup but hopefully cops don't give you any trouble. Hopefully they aren't too strict where you live.
I am going to add a swivel knuckle to the aftermarket plate bracket. That way I can go horizontal in seconds with a small allen wrench. Might get me out of a ticket if I can flip it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Like mentioned before I'm using an LED strip on the sub frame, the light is very bright and has the turn indicators on it as well.
The bracket for the plate can be used in either side and can be either horizontal or vertical.
I was planning on setting up the bracket vertically but in California it's not legal as far as I know, so I didn't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over and harass for any little thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts