Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ouch, that transatlantic shipping. It's showing US$2.80 for me, which at this particular moment in history translates to squigglyL2.14. I bought one, but fresh out of waistcoats over here. Verily I shall place it upon mine humble coveralls.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Good find!! Excellent detective work! I shall order 10 forthwith.....
Ben
Might I should order two for my Levi jackets......
I tried to make a 950 patch out of a 750 patch and failed. This could be the replacement.
I think the logo jacket originated in the U.K. It has a Matchless logo on the cuff of one sleeve and my Google investigations say that is/was a clothing line in the U.K. I got it off eBay.......

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If you hadn't mentioned it, I might not have noticed at all. Not everyone has the same eye for detail as @Schu. Was the 400 previously a 100, also?
It was..........

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I got my two patches today.
Not exactly a high quality item, but it will suffice......
Typically patches like this are made of a much heavier material.
This is not the same quality patch that Ben attached in his original post.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I got my two patches today.
Not exactly a high quality item, but it will suffice......
Typically patches like this are made of a much heavier material.
This is not the same quality patch that Ben attached in his original post.
Ok. Just noticed something about the add Ben posted and the add for the ones I purchased from Poland.
The Poland add refers to them as an IRON ON patch which might explain the difference in construction materials compared to a SEW ON patch which is what I am used to purchasing.
Just thought I should mention that.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok. Just noticed something about the add Ben posted and the add for the ones I purchased from Poland.
The Poland add refers to them as an IRON ON patch which might explain the difference in construction materials compared to a SEW ON patch which is what I am used to purchasing.
Aah, that’s a shame.

There’s really only one solution then - you order a load of the better quality ones (as they are already in the US), and then send me some at a fairer postage rate!! :wink2:
Ben

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The patch works fine on a denim jacket. She ironed it on first and then stitched it. I'm satisfied with it.
I think that jacket is older than I am.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.