Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out from an Italian motorcycle news site that journalists are getting a chance to ride the SCR 950 along with the XSR 900 Abarth. Why can't Yamaha and Abarth do the same with the SCR 950?

Would anyone be interested in one is Yamaha does decide to release SCR 950 in limited quantities?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Granted, they didn't so much to the engine and most of it are carbon fiber pieces, but the everything combined along with the full Akrapovič exhaust system gives it a cool café racer, leaning towards stporty, look.

I'd get a SCR 950 Abarth if it was available and with that paint color.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The color I find is a very crucial part playing why this bike looks so darn good. I don't think it would have the same affect in any other color

·
Registered
339 Posts
The right use of colors make all the difference its why you see car makers and bike makers come out with special color scheme's all the time because they work and because its a cheap way to create some real impact, much easier than working in new components.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yup. Would have liked to see what other options they considered and went through for the design process though. Perhaps some combinations I wouldn't have thought about

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the SCR950, maybe Abarth will make it more off-road orientated. It may be able to take on maintained gravel roads, but nothing more extreme than that.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm not too sure, the only two Abarth bikes that I've seen were the Yammy FZ1 and this XSR900 and they're track and street oriented respectively. The SCR may get a more street tone to it

·
Registered
319 Posts
Personally don't care much for Abarth unless it's the four wheeled kind. There's only so much they can do to the factory engine so what's left is just a lot of accessories like fenders and an Akrapovič exhaust. If Yamaha came out with a SCR950 Abarth, I would still go for the standard one.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It's not for everyone, I personally like the aesthetic carbon touches they added to the 900 though. I wouldn't mind if they even came out with parts that you could buy individually.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can always consider copying the color layout and instead of using these exact colors use yellow and black. In the end making it look retro and still very Yamaha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts