Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ratSCRambler
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you SCR dudes!

I thought I had already posted on here but I guess I have not. I have owned my SCR since Jan 2017 if I remember correctly and purchased it on a whim when visiting a dealership. I rode it a LOT the first few months then I had a dramatic life changing experience that made me not ride for several years even though I have rode motorcycles most of my life. Anyway, I am back to riding and am continuing to mod my SCR named RatSCRambler. So far the mods I have done are custom rear taillight, blinkers, tag relocation, Harley 12" shocks, ProTaper risers & Adventure High bars, custom shorty muffler, high front fender, SW-Motech tank bag/luggage, and today Tusk Med panniers arrive for my next project.

RatSCRambler just turned over 3000 miles this week and 2800 of those were done in the first few months... I am back and will be riding and posting a lot more!

I am looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully ride with some of you!

Josh aka fatrat

Attachments

·
Registered
Yamahahahaha
85 Posts
Hello all you SCR dudes!

I thought I had already posted on here but I guess I have not. I have owned my SCR since Jan 2017 if I remember correctly and purchased it on a whim when visiting a dealership. I rode it a LOT the first few months then I had a dramatic life changing experience that made me not ride for several years even though I have rode motorcycles most of my life. Anyway, I am back to riding and am continuing to mod my SCR named RatSCRambler. So far the mods I have done are custom rear taillight, blinkers, tag relocation, Harley 12" shocks, ProTaper risers & Adventure High bars, custom shorty muffler, high front fender, SW-Motech tank bag/luggage, and today Tusk Med panniers arrive for my next project.

RatSCRambler just turned over 3000 miles this week and 2800 of those were done in the first few months... I am back and will be riding and posting a lot more!

I am looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully ride with some of you!

Josh aka fatrat
Looking nice! I have two sw-motech side racks with a bag on the right side and a 1.75 gallon rotopack / universal mounting plate on the left. Now I have the same fuel range as my girlfriends's Moto Guzzi v7 so I'm not the one that always makes us stop! 🤣 Did you drill into that rear fender for your rear tail lights or did you use an existing hole to mount them?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hello all you SCR dudes!

Josh aka fatrat
That's the first high fender mod I've seen that looks proper. I'm interested in the fender you chose if you care to share.

·
Registered
ratSCRambler
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking nice! I have two sw-motech side racks with a bag on the right side and a 1.75 gallon rotopack / universal mounting plate on the left. Now I have the same fuel range as my girlfriends's Moto Guzzi v7 so I'm not the one that always makes us stop! 🤣 Did you drill into that rear fender for your rear tail lights or did you use an existing hole to mount them?
I am going to add a 1.75 rotopax to the left side of my SCR this weekend. Still trying to figure out exactly how I want it mounted as I would still like to be able to carry luggage on that side as well. :unsure:

Yes, I did drill into the fender to mount the turn signals and Tusk racks. The tail light is using existing holes in the center. I figured I could always get another stock fender IF I ever decided to go back to complete stock but who wants stock. LOL

·
Registered
ratSCRambler
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the first high fender mod I've seen that looks proper. I'm interested in the fender you chose if you care to share.
Hey Schu-
Thank you! I am reworking the mount this weekend to level out the front fender as it points upward a little and I want it more balanced. I used an Acerbis Supermoto Front Fender that is only $27 then used stainless steel U-bolts to wrap the forks plus stainless steel adjustable straps covered by leather straps (to make it look pretty) to hold the U-bolts tight to keep it from moving. I will get some closeup pics this weekend when I remount it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.