Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all!!!

Today is the first day of my life as a Rider! Noob here and my first bike happens to be an SCR950 – Today I rode the bike for a good 20+ miles riding locally around San Jose, CA.

Thanks for the all the insights and guidance – like shifting early – this bike is awesome!!! Yet – there are so much more to learn and discover while riding this bike.

Seeing riders passing and throwing peace signs at you – what an acknowledgement as a rider.

Cheers,

Mototech101

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Greetings to all!!!

Today is the first day of my life as a Rider! Noob here and my first bike happens to be an SCR950 – Today I rode the bike for a good 20+ miles riding locally around San Jose, CA.

Thanks for the all the insights and guidance – like shifting early – this bike is awesome!!! Yet – there are so much more to learn and discover while riding this bike.

Seeing riders passing and throwing peace signs at you – what an acknowledgement as a rider.

Cheers,

Mototech101
Ha - welcome to the fraternity!

You’re very lucky to be able to ride in late-January.....have fun.
Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha - welcome to the fraternity!

You’re very lucky to be able to ride in late-January.....have fun.
Ben

Hi SCRBen,

Temperature was about 8-10c - just on the cool side i guess! Minimal traffic - looking forward to riding more and start saving up on some mods and will post on the channel.

Greetings from GoldenState,

Mototech101

·
Registered
252 Posts
Congrats on the first bike! I was in the same boat a year ago and I really think starting out on the SCR950 created a fantastic learning experience for me. Enjoy the winter season riding; you don't know how lucky you are (it's going to be -26c/-15f for the HIGH tomorrow in the windy city).

If you need some leather accessories specific to your new ride, look no further. Just message me on here instead of ordering through Etsy: They're killing me with all their new fees.

Ride safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts