Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something? The right one does not bolt up, the bracket for the brake light switch is in the way.

Charles.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, those aren't OEM. That's some aftermarket ugliness. I installed Yamaha OEM crash bars for a 950 Bolt. Others here have installed them... and I'm guessing they must have just bent stuff and torqued it down and called it "good enough". I found that in order to mount the OEM bars, I needed to grind recesses for the screws that hold on the bracket for the brake return spring and brake light switch. Otherwise it would not sit flush. Left side went on with no problems, but the brake side required modification. It wasn't difficult, but they're not Bolt-on for the SCR-950. (pun intended)

I've included a pic of the OEM crash bars from an eBay ad. They're what I bought. The next pic is the backside of the brake-side bracket, and it shows the grinding I've done. The next shows the top bolt of the brake return spring bracket, and the final pic shows it assembled with the crash bar bracket sitting flush against the footpeg bracket. You can see, without grinding clearance into the crash bar bracket, it would never sit flush.

After making these changes I painted the bracket with some matte rustoleum and then it attached to my SCR950 like it was made specifically for it.

Charles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Reactions: Burke

·
Registered
214 Posts
No, those aren't OEM. That's some aftermarket ugliness.
Ha ha.
There is no shortage of brutally honest opinions on this forum.

Schu
True.. 🙂

But to each his own...
Even in the same forum and we all like the same bike, yet some like it red and some like it grey....

I can see a fat ugly woman and call her curvy coz I am a gentleman.. 😉

1 - 6 of 6 Posts